cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jennedwards
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT mobile declined despite excellent credit score?

Hi,

I made a decision to order a samsung galaxy A3 this afternoon after much deliberation. However a short while after I received a phone call to say that as a result of the checks with Equifax my application had been declined and I should ask Equifax for more information.

Checking my credit report this evening, it is classed as excellent. The only slight downside that I can see is that I have moved house several times, although I am on the electoral role.

Is it worth "appealing" this?  Do you think I'll encounter the same issue with other providers?   I don't want to have several credit checks and thus adversely affect my rating. Tried to contact BT this evening but just spent a long time waiting for on-line chat, then it closed.

If any moderators fancy helping, ideally while the 3 months 50% deal and £120 giftcard deal is still on that would be fantastic.

Thanks for any wisdom offered,

Jennifer

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
DavidM
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT mobile declined despite excellent credit score?

Hi @jennedwards

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’re having problems getting the order placed. Your best bet would be to contact Equifax to check if there are any outstanding issues. Equifax can be contacted via the following methods:

phone numbers:

0800 014 2955

Calls are free from a BT landline, charges from other networks and mobiles may vary.

0333 321 4043

Calls from landlines and mobiles are normally included in bundled call packages, otherwise calls cost 9p per minute and 15p connection fee from a BT landline. Other networks and mobiles may vary.

Address:

Equifax Ltd

Customer Service Centre

PO Box 10036

Leicester

LE3 4FS

Once this is raised you’ll given a unique reference ID that can be used by Equifax or BT to search for and update the query.  Equifax will mark your credit file as in query so it will have no further impact on your credit vets until the query is resolved.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jennedwards
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT mobile declined despite excellent credit score?

Thanks. I have contacted Equifax who confirm there is no problem and referred me back to bt. I spoke to someone in the credit check department at bt last night and was informed that the problem was not with my credit rating but that I was declined as I did not meet bt criteria. She was not able to tell me which criteria but told me I could reapply in 6 months. I really need a new phone before then so will investigate other options.
0 Ratings