cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

BT nightmare - when are you going to connect my broadband??

After being a loyal BT customer for many years, I recently moved house. The new house has a landline but no broadband. I ordered broadband for my move on 28 Nov 2016 which was supposed to be connected on 6 Jan 2017. I still have no broadband. Apparently there is a fault on the line, but come on, how long does it take to fix a fault? BT you are a shambles! Everytime I phone up I get told there will be an update in a couple of days. When that happens, then I get told there will be another update. I then get assurances it will be fixed only to find out it does not happen. You are not even calling me back with any updates now. Then, I had a new order mysteriously placed on 8 Feb saying service would be live on 22 Feb. Today (20 Feb), I got another order saying service will be connected on 6 Mar. Frankly I'm failing to believe anything you say. I will go to the Ombudsman, local MP and press. You cannot comprehend the misery you are putting us through by your disingenuous behaviour. Please can someone investigate and be realistic about when this will be fixed.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT nightmare - when are you going to connect my broadband??

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only,

This is where customers help each other get the most out of BT products & services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.
Everyone posting here, are just BT customers like myself

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

This is a public forum which can be viewed worldwide, so please do not post any personal information, especially phone numbers, account numbers, fault numbers, address information or email addresses, as this could be used to impersonate you.

Is your phone line working, if so then the line must be fine. Normal broadband comes from the exchange, so unless there is a problem in the exchange, it should work.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT nightmare - when are you going to connect my broadband??

Hi @Captain_Greenheart Sorry about the long delay in getting your broadband connected.

We will be happy to look into what is happening with your order if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings