Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT not providing broadband service I'm paying for

Hello again @pippincp,

Oh right OK 🤔! Thanks for the update on this 😃.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

"How many devices are connected to whatever BT Hub you have?"

I don't think that's actually that relevant as you'll note that the speed shown in the photo of the test is that from BT to the hub. If I scrolled the speed test down you'd see the speed to the device and although you can't do that I can confirm that when I did the speed to the device was not significantly different than to the hub.

In answer to the question though My PC is connected directly via ethernet and I have a tablet and Iphone which connect via wi-fi. Multiple independent speedtests performed on each separate device while it is the only thing connected return results with no appreciable difference from the one shown on the MY BT one. The hub itself is in fact one I received no more than 3 months ago as a replacement for a faulty one.

Honestly from what I'm hearing in here is that it's not a fault. It's a hardware and infrastructure limitation that prevents them from providing what they promised me and they never told me anything about it... and apparently still don't want to tell me. Not one advisor has actually mentioned FTTP or even suggested that any upgrade is required. In fact the very reason why I am getting the upgrade to Full Fibre 100 is because I looked into the two sets of statistics I provided in this post and how they relate to my position. (My apologies of course to imjolly who asked for these details in a previous post I made where I ultimately didn't provide them... and also thanks because it was knowing that you could tell something from those that prompted me to look into it while I was raising the issue with BT.)

The interesting question I am left with now is what will happen when the next engineer appointment is over as I spoke with an advisor at BT earlier today who has apparently arranged for an Openreach line engineer to arrive on the 16th to continue the process of trying to resolve this. I am simply left wondering whether or not they will ever tell me that they can't do anything more or whether they will continue on with the farce of paying all these peoples wages to pretend that there is the possibility of them doing something.

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 13 of 17

Hello again 👋,

I was only trying to help, I'm on Fibre 2 which is the highest that my local area / cabinet supports no future plans for my cabinet. Anyway I've got all this connected:

Sky Q 1TB Main box (CAT 5, Ethernet. PORT 1 on the BTSH2)

Sky Q Minibox (WiFi)

My ASUS Laptop (WiFi)

Toshiba Smart TV (CAT5e on PORT 3 On the Network Switch)

HITACHI Living Room TV (WiFi) 

Netgear Ethernet Gigabit Switch on PORT 2 with a CAT5e on BTSH2

Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G (WiFi)

2 Sony Android smartphones (both on WiFi)

My brother's PlayStation 4 (CAT5e, Ethernet on PORT 1 on the Netgear Ethernet Gigabit Switch)

My Gaming PC (CAT5e, Ethernet on PORT 2 on the Netgear Ethernet Gigabit Switch)

My 2nd brother's Gaming PC (WiFi, will be changing to CAT5e Ethernet gaming in Feb 2021)

iPhone 6s (WiFi)

I've got all that connected to my SH2 (SmartHub 2) and I'm getting my speeds, each month I'm getting line checks etc because I asked BT to do this for me and they said yes.

Anyway it could be the cable that is coming into your property.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

@bobleonheart  The problem is that your hub stats don't stack up with the checker figures you posted. It would suggest that you are possibly served by aluminium rather than copper cable and it is having a serious impact on what it is believed your line is capable of and what it is actually capable of.

However, moving to FTTP is a no brainer and will give a vast improvement on your speeds.

Message 15 of 17

Oh yeah don't worry I'm definitely moving to FTTP.  As far as I see it I've placed the order for it and the issue is now in the process of being resolved come the 24th when the FTTP is up and running. I just wish that BT had been able to play any part in the resolution of the issue and that they hadn't spent all that time sending out engineers and keeping me on hold on account of what either seems to be dishonesty at worst and incompetence at best. I mean literally I've come on here posted two lots of stats and within hours I'm being told what the problem might be, whether its fixable and how best to avoid it. BT should have been able to tell me all of this within the first phone call to them. Maybe they might need to send one engineer out just to double check the figures and the setup but at least by the second call they should have a basic idea of what to tell me. Here I am though 10 days later multiple calls to advisors and managers and not a single mention of FTTP.

Still really gets my goat that they sold me an upload speed of 10Mb when apparently only 1/10th of it would be possible. They are lucky I didn't start to stream way back when I intended to when I first got the contract because I tried a couple of weeks ago and couldn't even manage to do it a 360p without dropping like 50% of the frames. There's not really a great deal I can do about it now that I'm so far along that the contract has since expired and I'm only just noticing. (Which is another thing that gets me. My contract had expired and not one person thought to offer an upgrade. Possibly because when I upgraded my payments actually drop from the £44 I was paying to the £39 I'm going to be paying now for three times the speeds.)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 16 of 17

Hello @bobleonheart,

I'd love FFTP in my area but Openreach haven't got any plans for it. Why BT isn't doing it I don't know. I need FFTP because I do have a heavy household etc.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

@AnonymousBT isn't doing it because Openreach have no plans for it at present. As the FTTP rollout continues more areas will have plans for it. It cannot be done all at once.

0 Ratings