cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kern
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT online service seems useless for a customer who is downgrading . . .

Our son has now left home and as a result, our broadband usage has dropped significantly . . . or, well, I'm thinking it has. Except when i came to look at my monthly usage, I can't find any sign of it: has BT removed that service? If so, why?  

We're on Unlimited BT Infinity 1 at a cost of £24.45 a month. I'm sure there's a cheaper option for customers who don't want / need unlimited usage. . . but where is it on the BT website?? Every button I click on with a view to changing the arrangements I have with BT merely brings up "extras-you-might-like-to-have".

But I'm trying to reduce our outgoings . .  not add to them. Advice appreciated: thanks!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
rarmitage124
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT online service seems useless for a customer who is downgrading . . .

You may want to try calling BT.
Try this number from a landline:0800 100 400

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

I would try the options team who are uk based and are very helpfull  0800800030

the usage monitor was removed for customers on unlimited as it was assumed that these customers would not check there usage as it was unlimited and they were never going to get charged for excess usage.  there was many posts complaining at the time

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
ray_dorset
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 6

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/broadband-packages/?s_intcid=con_fly_pns_bbpkgs
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
If you found this post helpful, please click on the star on the left
If not, I'll try again 🙂
Kern
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Hi everyone: many MANY thanks for the instant help -- much appreciated! Sorry I'm unable to click the little stars on the left of the page to give thanks that way but each and every time I do so, the page changes to a warning which says I have Javascript disabled . . . when I don't. In fact, to even manage to log in to view my bill I had to disable just about every add-on I have in this Firefox browser. I shall now depart once more -- with sincerest thanks to all.
0 Ratings
Ectophile
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

There's a rather long-winded and roundabout work-around to trick the BT system into giving you your usage here: https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/BT-Usage-Monitor/m-p/1408753

I've just checked, and it still works.  Though when I tried it, the number was 8 digits, not 7 as described in that thread.

0 Ratings