cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benjib98
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT overchanrging without warning/notification

For the last 10 month I was overcharged by more than £600 by BT without any notification/warning. BT can only be contacted using their online chat room, as the phone support is just ridiculous, spent an hour on the phone in the last 3 days unable to get through the waiting queue.
I signed up to BT over the phone and chosen Direct Debit and Paperless billing to get the burden of paying on time off my shoulder. I was ensured by the sales agent that my email address would be used for all communications. Never I have received anything from BT thinking everything is in order. However as we are moving house I have recently registered for an online account and hooked up my BT account in order to move the contract to the new place using BT's online form. I got a shock to say the least seeing that for the last 10 months I have been overcharge by £600 because I've gone above the data usage. Checking my BT account online finally spot the problem: the BT sales agent registered my email address with a typo in it. Funnily enough I told the agent that my email address is my full name separated by a dot - looking at the paper contract my name is correctly spelled yet the email address had a typo in it due to the agent's mistake.
Checking my paper contract it had no mention whatsoever of the paperless billing and neither the printed version of the email address registered against my BT account. Have this been done I wouldn't complaint at all, as I had read my contract when it arrived by post.
Even more shockingly the incorrect email address where all the billing, data usage warning have been sent doesn't exist, all BT's emails would have been bouncing back to BT, which they must have known about yet done nothing, except for happily charging my account.
Contacting BT using their chatroom all I got was finger pointing, telling me they will be in touch in 2 working days (never happened), lying that it was me entering in the incorrect email address when I applied for a BT contract online. Unbelievable behaviour for a company like BT. Yes I've gone above the data usage allowance but have BT not made the mistake in the first place I wouldn't be out of pocket by more than £600.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT overchanrging without warning/notification

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

PaddyB
Message 3 of 4

Hi @benjib98,

I'll be able to take a look at the details of your complaint. Please can you send me in your details using the "contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
benjib98
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Many thanks Keith_Beddoe. I've already got in touch with PaddyB.
0 Ratings