cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 5

BT phone calls. Fraudulent or real ?

Go to solution

Hi, I am receiving daily phone calls from someone calling in a very noisy environment, far away using a very bad phone line, who says he is from BT and he is alerting me about the large number of attemtps to connect my wifi. He is asking me to get on my laptop, tablet or PC and he will guide me thru the process of proctecting my home wifi. Do you think it is a genuine phone call from BT ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5

BT phone calls

Go to solution

Hi, I am receiving daily phone calls from someone in a very noisy environment, far away using a very bad phone line, who says he is from BT and he is alerting me about the large number of attemtps to connect my wifi. He is asking me to get on my laptop, tablet or PC and he will guide me thru the process of proctecting my home wifi. Do you think it is a genuine phone call from BT ? 

0 Ratings
Expert
Message 3 of 5

Re: BT phone calls

Go to solution

No it’s a scam.

Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Re: BT phone calls

Go to solution

I get these phone calls, supposedly from BT, at least once a week, either about my wi-fi, broadband problems etc etc, i am not sure the real BT would phone you about these things anyway, just seems to be a bit of luck with these fraudsters that they have got though to a BT customer,i just put the phone down on them.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Re: BT phone calls. Fraudulent or real ?

Go to solution

another scam  use search as there are other post similar

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.