cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 11 of 26

Re: BT please give me a straight answer.

I was going to ring them again with a view to cancelling, as despite what the guy said earlier, I am certain my Infinity charges are to rise. However, I have decided to wait for the "personal" notification email or letter. I have read so many horror stories of people being promised this and that over the phone and later being stung for charges, so I'm not taking any chances.

Shame though as I've missed out on a potential £70 cashback Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 26

I am getting the same story about infinity not increasing in price despite what their system states.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 26

Yeah, I've seen your post on mse. Not good, but at least it's not just me that's been told that. I'm wondering whether our infinity charges should increase but they're swallowing it as they know we have an option to leave?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 26

No idea really and I believe what I read in front of me which states mine increases from £26 to £27.67 from the 4th of Jan.

And the bit which is really annoying is it states everywhere because this is detrimental that you can cancel within the 10 day notice period so when is £3.50 a month extra not detrimental and why are they making it so difficult.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 26

I'm with you in that I prefer to believe what I read, than what I'm told over the phone.

I've read a post from someone on here who has infinity at £26 and they say the link shows there's isn't going up, so why would ours say it is? What a mess!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 26

I am going to press BT into giving me it in writing that I won't be affected by the Infinity price increase and that I can cancel if the charges indeed turn out to be true.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 17 of 26

Please will you keep us posted with what they say.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 26

Will do and going to call them again this morning as I refuse to accept that BT customer services can simply ignore a price increase which is in black and white right in front of them under my account and to state I can cancel my telephone line but I am liable for everything else is going against the T&C's outlined in the contract where it states the price increase is to your detriment and you can leave penalty free.

I guess it's just getting to speak to the right person at the right time and if I have no luck I will just keep on asking to speak to a manager until they accept what is in front of them.

This whole process should be so easy.

1. You ring up BT mentioning the email and they check your records and say yes sir it is increasing by £1.67

2. Can I please terminate my agreement as per the email stated this is to my detriment penalty free?

3. Yes let me process that for you now.

It should not be this difficult and why oh why are the BT customer services reps blatantly ignoring what is on my account is beyond me.

Let us know how you get on as well.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 26

Right they finally admitted I am on the old package and that is why the price increases did not show so I can leave the contract however!!

They said I am liable for a cease charge of £30 because I want to go to VM and I am also liable for BT Vision charges as this is not affected by the price increase so a total sum of £140 to leave BT.

Penalty free yeah right!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 26

Well I called up again for the 5th or 6th time and they went off to check and said because BT Vision requires FTTC I can now leave penalty free and only have to pay the £30 cease charge as I am not moving FTTC to another company as I am going back to VM.

Result!!

Got them to make a note on the account that I can leave penalty free and just the cease charge of £30 needs to be paid.

So it took me 6 phone calls to get the final bill from £308 to £140 to £30, glad I persisted and got the result I was looking for finally.

Keep on persisting and mention to them you maybe on an 'older' contract for infinity which is subject to the price increase and hopefully you should be able to leave penalty free as well.
0 Ratings