cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 11 of 373

Re: BT price increases: what benefits am I going see?

I'm pretty shocked by the price increases. It does seem as though we are being charged way above the rate of inflation without any sound reason.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 373

Re: BT price changes April and August

From my own experience a phone call is sufficient. I was able to get out of my BTTV contract when they removed Fox. I am quite dismayed by these price rises. I am going to have to think very carefully about whether or not I will continue with my service.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
rscott
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 373

It's only 9 months since the last BT price rise, isn't it? At least Sky & Virgin only do it once a year..
0 Ratings
Si1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 373

The price changes had better be announced in the one letter, otherwise anyone wanting to cancel maybe left paying for TV they can't access after April, until August.

0 Ratings
Tymo76
Contributor
Message 15 of 373

These price increases is the best news BT could ever give me, I'll be cancelling my services and getting out while I can.  I've seen absolutely no evidence of BTs customer service improving since they last hiked up the prices.  So thank you BT for making my day.  Can I ring up to cancel now or do I have to wait until I receive email/letter?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 373

see messages 4 and 5!

0 Ratings
Tymo76
Contributor
Message 17 of 373

Sorry about that, in my excitement I missed that.  I just remember last time they hiked up their prices me and many other never actually received an email or a letter about the increases.  Hopefully, they'll get their act together this time.

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 18 of 373

Agreed. I'm still waiting for my email or letter, however once you start seeing reports on the forum about emails arriving th n you can phone up.

Helpful Post?
0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 19 of 373

I am surprised there is no online checker for price changes as in previous years. At that point you did not have to wait for an email or letter to initiate the 30 day notice. EDIT - FOUND IT!!

With regards the price increases and the "offer letters" I will be interested to see how this works with those on a retention deal for Infinity 1 like myself. Either way, it will be a big rise.

I will be cancelling my BT Sport though through Sky. It is expensive and I personally dont get value for money.

And now I have found the price rise notification for my account that means I can cancel straightaway...

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 373

0 Ratings