Contributor
Message 31 of 373

Re: BT price changes April and August

Thanks for posting the link.
0 Ratings
shopps
Contributor
Message 32 of 373

Re: BT price increases: what benefits am I going see?

BT have to claw back all of the money they have spent on the rights to the european & premier league football, so it's no suprise that they are hiking up all the prices whether we watch football or not. 

However, this does not explain why they are putting up the prices on packages such as 'anytime calls' by 50p per month. 

Just paid line rental saver last month (over £200)

BT should be ashamed of these price hikes, if only Virgin media covered my area.

0 Ratings
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 33 of 373

@sps1013 wrote:
@stuartrogerson was your BT through Sky or BT TV?

Through Sky

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
allanraymond
Expert
Message 34 of 373

A little bit of good news, in their annoucement of the price increase BT did mention

"We're answering more calls here at home. By spring 2017, we'll be answering 90% of our calls in the UK and Ireland."

The really good news would be if they brought 100% of calls answered back to the UK

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 373

it takes time to employ and train staff also to provide the call centres
0 Ratings
sps1013
Aspiring Expert
Message 36 of 373

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 37 of 373

In contract cancellation with price rise?

I have BT Sport and Entertainment Plus contracted 12 months until August. I believe I could cancel BT Sport without penalty when I get my price rise email but what about cancellation of the TV package? As the price of it is remaining static would I be able to cancel along with Sport without penalty or would it be treated differently because the price isn't changing? I'm also aware I could keep all until August, then cancel, and keep the box but I'm not too concerned about keeping the box anyway.

PS. I have no intention of cancelling my Infinity package as the saving of not having TV/Sport would offset the Infinity price increase (which for me takes an added rise in May as I'm currently on a seperate Infinity/Calls offer).

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 373

Re: In contract cancellation with price rise?

If the price of the package you want to cancel is not changing, it would mean there is no change to your contract for that package so I doubt you would be able to cancel without penalty.

0 Ratings
new
Aspiring Expert
Message 39 of 373

On that link there is an option to see a special deal for existing customers, but it didn't work for me.  Did anyone get it to work and were they offered a better deal?

https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html?s_cid=con_FURL_myprices

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 373

Re: In contract cancellation with price rise?

Thought as much. Thanks for that. Doesn't really matter really as I can cancel once contract ends in August and keep the box anyway. Probably keep the sport until then also as for now its still free. Would only be paying for a few days viewing until the contract ends mid August. To be honest I watch very little of the internet channels (record maybe 1 or 2 programmes a week from them) and main interest sports wise is the football (not interested in covering BT's outlay for the cricket or Boxnation as I wouldn't be watching any of it). BT say we'd be saving around £100 per year with the 'free' Boxnation sub but then I wouldn't be paying for it anyway as I would never watch it.

0 Ratings