cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuartrogerson
Distinguished Guru
Message 51 of 373

Re: BT price changes April and August

It's incredibly easy. Just go to live chat, explain the situation they will put you straight through to the appropriate team. When I cancelled BT Sport I was asked almost encouraged to cancel everything. The guy sounded quite weary as though he had been taking cancellation calls for hours.

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
casaschi
Aspiring Expert
Message 52 of 373

@new wrote:

On that link there is an option to see a special deal for existing customers, but it didn't work for me.  Did anyone get it to work and were they offered a better deal?

https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html?s_cid=con_FURL_myprices

The page above shows my expected price increase in April (broadband price going up by 25% for me regardless of what I read on the announcement), however if I click on the "see my offers" link on that page the following "get better value" is empty... apparently BT has nothing to offer me.

Does anyone get any offer at all clicking the "see my offers" link on the price increase page? 

0 Ratings
casaschi
Aspiring Expert
Message 53 of 373

@casaschi wrote:

@new wrote:

On that link there is an option to see a special deal for existing customers, but it didn't work for me.  Did anyone get it to work and were they offered a better deal?

https://www.bt.com/static/wa/account/pricechanges/login/login.html?s_cid=con_FURL_myprices

The page above shows my expected price increase in April (broadband price going up by 25% for me regardless of what I read on the announcement), however if I click on the "see my offers" link on that page the following "get better value" is empty... apparently BT has nothing to offer me.

Does anyone get any offer at all clicking the "see my offers" link on the price increase page? 

Things are getting setup in the system, now I have my "personalized" offer "as a thank you for being with BT"... they offer me to renew my current broadband service with a 185% increase on top of what I'm paying today !!!

0 Ratings
Pbryanw
Contributor
Message 54 of 373

Hi, I've just cancelled with BT and received a "You need to return your kit" email. However, I no longer have my Smart Hub because I use my own router, and the YouView box it mentions was bought before I joined BT.

So, do I have to return my equipment (it's no longer under contract) or is this scheme just voluntary? Thanks, Paul.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 373

If you have not completed the initial term contract with BT you will need to return the Smarthub also if you received a Smarthub as part of renewing a contract you will need to return it because the cost of the Smarthub is recouped by BT during the term of that contract.

If on the other hand you have completed the initial term, ie 12 /18 months contract, and you are in your second or subsequent contract and did not get the Smarthub as part of that renewal you do not need to return it.

shopps
Contributor
Message 56 of 373

Just tried clicking on this link

to see what offers I could possibly get,  It says I could get Infinity 1 Unlimited Fibre Broadband for just £47.49 per month! Smiley Surprised

I currently pay £10 per month for this exact same package (albeit I pay the annual line saver rental at £200ish per year)

Think I'll be staying on the package for now as the "offer" to go from £10 per month to over £30 per month is not exactly an attractive offer, Thank but no thanks.Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 57 of 373

Same here. They want me to pay more than what I'm paying now. If you do the sums that 'offer' is actually the full price for Infinity 1 Unlimited plus line rental so not an 'offer' at all. I don't want their so called Smart Hub (i use a more reliable 3rd party router). Incompetence reigns at BT, you gotta feel for them Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Tymo76
Contributor
Message 58 of 373

Great! I'm out. Cancelled the lot before, no longer will I have to deal with their shoddy customer service. I'd like to say it's been a pleasure, but then I'd be lying.
0 Ratings
jason1999
Beginner
Message 59 of 373

Please ignore

0 Ratings
jason1999
Beginner
Message 60 of 373

Hi I've just cancelled Bt Sports on sky due to the price increase just a couple of questions

How long does it take for the channels to come off if you asked for the subscription to be cancelled straight away

Will I get a partial refund as I cancelled today but my subscription for this month was taken out a few days ago  thanks

0 Ratings