cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 141 of 373

Re: BT price changes April and August

Line rental saver is an option, but it doesn't change the fact that BT should pay back the remaining unused part of the line rental saver should you choose not to accept the new contract.

@john46 wrote:
line rental and line server rental are different products
line saver rental is NOT part of a broadband and line rental package LRS is an optional add on not part of your contract

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 142 of 373

just wait for the mod team to confirm tomorrow
0 Ratings
ney
Expert
Message 143 of 373

Re: Price Rise Email

cAs yet I have had no email or that telling me about the price rise. Wonder if I will get emailed soon.

I only renewed all my BT contracts just under a month ago and for 18 months. Some of the discounts BT offer you seem good but then with the price rise the discounts are not as much as they were.

Im also getting a little fed up with BT and I used to think it was a great service.

In the past 2 weeks my wi-fi has seemed slow at times and even jamed the other night yet Home Hub 3 showed all was fine.

A reset of Home Hub seemed to have sorted it for now.

As soon as I get a chance come July I will be canceling BT Sport and just keeping Infinity 2 + BT TV Entertanmet Max serivce.

My sister has been out of contract with BT for 3 or 4 months now and keeps saying shes thinking of changing ISP but has so far did nothing about it.

Darren

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 144 of 373

@john46 wrote:
just wait for the mod team to confirm tomorrow

As i have said, unless the mods have access to the CEO office records, I not sure they will be able to add anything.

OFCOM GC 9.3
Without prejudice to any initial commitment period, Communications
Providers shall ensure that conditions or procedures for contract
termination do not act as disincentives for End-Users against
changing their Communications Provider.

Telling customers BT will withold remaining line rental saver would surely count as a disincentive against changing providers.

From OFCOM(guidance on material detriment):

Terms and/or practices which frustrate the practical effect of GC9.6
are liable to attract suspicion of non-compliance with the relevant rules.
In this regard, GC9.3 is also relevant.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 145 of 373

Hi @kkkk,

Customers who are currently saving with LRS will not see a price rise during their current deal, as this is paid in advance. Line Rental Saver is a separate product and anyone who took it out did so before we rolled line rental and broadband into one price. They can of course speak with our Customer Options Team about their broadband contract.

***EDITED 10/02/2017: Our stance has since changed***

Thanks

DanielS

kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 146 of 373

@DanielS wrote:

Hi @kkkk,

Customers who are currently saving with LRS will not see a price rise during their current deal, as this is paid in advance. Line Rental Saver is a separate product and anyone who took it out did so before we rolled line rental and broadband into one price. They can of course speak with our Customer Options Team about their broadband contract.

For your information, this is the same outcome if you spoke with anyone in our CEO team as I did.

Thanks

DanielS

1) "Customers who are currently saving with LRS will not see a price rise during their current deal"

TRUE,    BUT, if they also have broadband, they will see a price increase in their broadband IF they accept the new contract in March 2017.

2) " Line Rental Saver is a separate product and anyone who took it out did so before we rolled line rental and broadband into one price".

Line rental saver is still available. It did not stop being available when the line rental and broadband were combined in around November. Even if you took out phone and broadband at the same time before November, you will still suffer material detriment if you accept the new contract in March 2017, you should be allowed to leave if you choose, the same applies to customers who joined after the pricing for phone and broadband were combined.

3) "They can of course speak with our Customer Options Team about their broadband contract.

For your information, this is the same outcome if you spoke with anyone in our CEO team as I did."

Beg to differ, The information given by people's posts on the MSE forum says that they have received the remaining line rental saver back, they almost certainly would not have received this outcome had they just dealt with the options team. They had to complain to the CEO office.

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 147 of 373

@DanielS wrote:

Hi @kkkk,

For your information, this is the same outcome if you spoke with anyone in our CEO team as I did.

Thanks

DanielS

Have customers who have had line rental saver, and have left because of BT price rises, got the remaining line rental saver back from BT?

A simple yes or no would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
glenhill68
Expert
Message 148 of 373

Have all the letters/email about the price increase been sent now as I haven't received mine yet?

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 149 of 373

no they come out over a number of weeks
0 Ratings
Tymo76
Contributor
Message 150 of 373

I'm still waiting for my letter from last years price hike, so you may actually never get one.
0 Ratings