cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CATHYJ
Beginner
Message 271 of 373

Re: BT price changes April and August

the 4th feb 2017 everything has been increased including bt sport on sky platform. I got a letter from BT today stating I WILL BE CHARGED FOR EQUIPMENT £55. EARLY CANCELLATION CHARGES £146.27 AND £31 TO STOP MY BROADBAND TOTALLING £232.27!!! I CANCELLED 6TH FEB AND SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT WITH VIRGIN 16TH FEB!!! all my services are affected by the price increase!!!

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 272 of 373

Did you contact BT and tell them you were wanting to cancel because of the price rise before you contacted Virgin? If not BT would not have known that you were cancelling because of the price rise and would charge you the fees they have listed.

If you did cancel first, you will probably find that it is just a computer generated letter. Call 0800.800.030 and ask them to confirm.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 273 of 373

If you read Cathy's post she stated she received a letter from BT (not an email).

0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 274 of 373

BT mobile t&c's, it's the last sentence that is relevant to those with mobile SIM with a £5 discount

17. When you get other services or equipment from us

We often sell a number of services together. We might give a discount, benefit or offer if you (or someone in your home) take more than one service from us. If you get any of these discounts, benefits or offers and then end any of the other services, we may have to increase the charges for the service. If that’s the case, we’ll tell you when you (or someone else) contact us to end the other service. However, we won't increase the charges and you’ll keep getting the discount, benefit or offer during the rest of your minimum term if:
you or someone else in your house ends one of the other services as described in clauses 14b, 14d and 14e; or
you end the BT Broadband service because of a change to it which gives you the right to leave.

0 Ratings
Tymo76
Contributor
Message 275 of 373

Kkkk that's an excellent point. I've cancelled my broadband, because I had the right to leave due to the price increases. I have since had a letter stating my mobile discount will be removed and I will be charged the standard price.

Can someone confirm (such as a mod) that those who cancelled their broadband because of price increase will keep their mobile discount?
0 Ratings
PaddyB
Message 276 of 373

Hi @Tymo76,

In order to qualify for the BT mobile discount you do need to have BT Broadband. If you cancel your BT Broadband you will not receive the mobile discount.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Tymo76
Contributor
Message 277 of 373

Thanks Paddy, but if you read the post by KKKK above mine who states the t&c doesn't that read that you keep the discount?
PaddyB
Message 278 of 373

Hi @Tymo76,

I'll get this clarified and I'll post back as soon as I get a reply.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Tymo76
Contributor
Message 279 of 373

Thanks Paddy.
0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 280 of 373