Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaddyB
Message 281 of 373

Re: BT price changes April and August

Hi @kkkk and @Tymo76,

My apologies, I was mistaken.

@kkkk is correct, if you are a BT Mobile customer and have canceled your BT Broadband due to the price increase you will still keep your discount for BT Mobile.

@Tymo76 I have asked about the letter you received and unfortunately that has been sent out automatically in error, please ignore that letter as you will keep your discount for BT Mobile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Tymo76
Contributor
Message 282 of 373

Great, thanks for clearing that up Paddy.
0 Ratings
kkkk
Aspiring Expert
Message 283 of 373

I guess it comes back to the Ofcom rules(9.3) about there not being a disincentive to leave should things change, thanks for the clarification.

0 Ratings
oneinfinitykid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 284 of 373

Leaving BT for another Provider before min. contract period

Having an email informing of the forthcoming price increases in April.

Under the T&G within the email I'm having to inform BT of leaving with 30 days of the email date or 14 days to move to another provider. Also in doing this there would be no charges for leaving before the minimium contract period.

Is this correct ??

Do I contact via phone contact or email to notify.

thanks

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 285 of 373

Re: Leaving BT for another Provider before min. contract period

@oneinfinitykid

All the answers you need are in this thread.

0 Ratings
oneinfinitykid
Aspiring Contributor
Message 286 of 373

Re: Leaving BT for another Provider before min. contract period

Thanks

did not look hard enough if this topic was already started

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 287 of 373

Leaving BT

I have been told that if I choose to leave BT because of the price increases I can leave my new supplier to do the changeover for me.

Doesn't sound correct to me.........

Can anybody confirm or deny this please.

D

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 288 of 373

Re: Leaving BT

@dcdick wrote:

I have been told that if I choose to leave BT because of the price increases I can leave my new supplier to do the changeover for me.

Doesn't sound correct to me.........

Can anybody confirm or deny this please.

D

I would not rely on it, as they may leave it too later, and you would be faced with cancellation charges.

0 Ratings
dcdick
Aspiring Expert
Message 289 of 373

I thought I had posted this in the right place Keith as your footnote asks people to start new threads instead of using this current one ?

The reason for posting was because the story I had alledgedly came from OFGEN.

I do however take your point that if BT, or the new providor (which looks as though it will be Plusnet) drags their heels I could well run out of time & could get hit with charges.

I had assumed that once the leaving/joining process had been started the "clock" stopped as I had notified in the time period that BT stated in the email I had a few days back now.

BT really are "over thinking" this thing ........................all they have to do is to reward previously loyal customers with the best deals possible at renewal time & then very few people will leave/be disgruntled......but that's too simplistic a concept for large corporations I suppose Smiley Wink

44 years of continuos loyalty to BT seem to be coming to an end unless they come up with something better than I have at the moment

D.

ps........... I'm getting fed up with the constant barrage of negotiations every time your contract period ends, not just with BT of course but it's seemingly everywhere...I even have to spend time on the phone & threaten to leave when renewing the dog's insurance....crazy    Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 290 of 373

@dcdick wrote:

I thought I had posted this in the right place Keith as your footnote asks people to start new threads instead of using this current one ?

Your question is related to this thread, as most of the answers are already here. My footnote is really intended to seperate technical issues relating to broadband connection. I may remove it while these price issues are ongoing, or just assign it to a macro instead. Edit DONE.

The issue with yearly price changes is that we often end up with 20 or more threads asking the same question, as people receive their notifications Smiley Sad

Any answers you get here, could be of help to others.

Have you tried negotiating a better deal by calling 0800 800 030 ?

0 Ratings