cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dave798
Beginner
Message 361 of 373

Re: BT price changes April and August

i have just been in touch with BT and wanting to cancel was told i should of received a letter (which I did not) however after checking my spam inbox I did receive an email on 8/2/17 telling me i could cancel without charge within 30 days now ithe charges are in effect i would like to cancel and my contract and goto a different provider but have been told i must pay an early termination charge circa £295 which i feel is totally unfair since i never read emails from BT but would certainly of read any letter popping through my letterbox. is there any way i can get out of this contract without incurring any charges any help on this matter will be greatly received

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 362 of 373

@dave798

Sorry, you have left it much too late, you would have needed to respond by 8/3/17 to cancel without penalty.

You will have to wait until the end of your BT contract.

0 Ratings
dave798
Beginner
Message 363 of 373

i understand that now but feel it is totally unfair that they contact me only by email since if i read all email that came through my inbox i would still be reading spam from 1999
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 364 of 373

There was plenty of advance publicity in the press, and a note about the increases in your February paper bill, or it may have also been on your online bill.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 365 of 373

Are you unhappy about the service you are getting on your phone and broadband, as help is available on this forum?

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 366 of 373

I understand your frustration at the price rises BUT you can't blame BT because you don't check your spam folder. Many times I've had 'legit' mail going into spam so I make it a habit now of checking all the mail folders.

0 Ratings
Message 367 of 373

Is the refund of the remaining months of the Line Rental Saver payment actually happening?  I migrated to Plusnet on 29 March because of the price rise (I noitified BT in time).  My LRS was up to 26ish May.  I have downloaded my final bill, and whilst there are no termination penalties and the unused part of the broadband payment has been refunded, the line rental hasn't.

Is that right?

0 Ratings
federicolacroze
Beginner
Message 368 of 373

Is the refund of the remaining months of the Line Rental Saver payment actually happening?  I migrated to Plusnet on 29 March because of the price rise (I noitified BT in time).  My LRS was up to 26ish May.  I have downloaded my final bill, and whilst there are no termination penalties and the unused part of the broadband payment has been refunded, the line rental hasn't.

Is that right?

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 369 of 373

I received my line rental saver balance due for all the days I didn't use the line, was only charged up to the day the line got transferred to Sky.
0 Ratings
federicolacroze
Beginner
Message 370 of 373

Hmm... do you know how/if that showed up on your final bill?

0 Ratings