cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mudpie
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT "Upgrade" killed our broadband

10 days ago BT upgraded our local exchange and inevitably our broadband connection took a nosedive

Before the work was done I had a very nice stable connection of about 6MB.

On the evening after the upgrade it went up to 11.5MB. Great!

The next morning it dropped to 288Kb and stayed there for 8.5 days.

It crept up to576Kb about 2 days ago (although the IP profile is still stuck at 135Kb)

I emailed the mods on Saturday (I think) in anticipation of it not improving, no reply but I was still in the 10 day training period so no surprise there really.

I have been a good BT victim and stayed quiet while the training period ran, now I need to know who is best to sort this.

Previous experience with the Inidian call centre tells me that calling them is just going to get me angry and they will spend a week telling me to do thing that will just make the problem worse (like resetting the router etc)

Connection information
Line stateConnected
Connection time1 day, 20:21:07
Downstream576 Kbps
Upstream443 Kbps

ADSL settings

VPI/VCI0/38
TypePPPoA
ModulationITU-T G.992.5
Latency typeInterleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up)33.5 dB / 27.6 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up)28.5 dB / 15.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up)0.0 dBm / 13.1 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local)22
Loss of Signal (Local)2
Loss of Power (Local)0
FEC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up)0 / 2147480000
HEC Errors (Down/Up)nil / 0
Error Seconds (Local)2

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT "Upgrade" killed our broadband

i think all the resets/disconnections have been seen by the exchange as a line problem and has put your connection in a banded profile until it stabilises.  normally if you can stay connected 24/7 for 3/4  days then the banding you come off automatically and your connection speed increase

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings