cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lyn747
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT refused to help!

I got an email from an old school friend, addressed to about 20 of us. When I replied to it, it stuck, saying Too many messages. I deleted it but I've been unable to send emails since then. 

My Techie friend said BT limits the number of emails sent at once so I needed them to unblock my account.

I contacted BT & a woman who could hardly speak English spent 20 minutes fiddling around. She got annoyed because I had to keep asking her to repeat everything. Then she asked me if I'd blocked my emails! She finally unblocked my Yahoo emails but refused to do my Outlook. She said it wasn't BT's responsibility.

I can receive emails but I can't send any. I've now got to spend another morning trying to get BT to sort out the problem.

It's really holding up my time.

I don't have any faith in the BT team. They don't seem to know what they're doing & they waste so much time!

You'd think they'd be aware of the problem & be able to sort it out in a couple of minutes.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT refused to help!

BT are not responsible for assisting with Outlook. Outlook is a Microsoft program that runs on your computer and is used to fetch and send emails from the BT server. BT have no control over this.

All BT are responsible for and will assist with is that you can send and receive your emails using webmail through an Internet browser.

If you have a look at this link it will help you clear any stuck emails in Outlook

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/kb/2663435

0 Ratings
Lyn747
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your help. But unfortunately it's BT that caused the problem as they limit tne number of names in an email. Apparently it's only BT who does this as I received the mass email from my friends OK. BT automatically blocked my sent emails & it happened on Outlook too. They lifted the blockage on Yahoo but I'm left with a non-working Outlook. It's all thanks to BT & they won't help.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Unfortunately it is up to BT to decide how many recipients it will allow to be sent on its email system. BT are not the only email provider who does that. As I said, they are not responsible for sorting out problems on your email client, Outlook, that is your responsibility.  Did you follow the instructions in the link I posted which should resolve your problem.

0 Ratings