cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT registered default on my credit file I know nothing of the account

Hi all I've been doing some clearing of old bits and pieces on my credit file and have noticed by have put a default for £889 on there for a previous address in 2013 I've tried calling and the call center is absolutely useless I've tried raising a dispute with Equifax which got returned by by as being correct.

The thing is all I know is the address and last 4 digits and the start date of the account which is impossible as I'm sure you know that by do not provide service to anyone else who is bankrupt I also knew this which is why it's impossible as a month or two earlier I had been made bankrupt.

I have a Equifax ref number what I would like is a contact number to actually talk to a manager about this and get it removed from my file as I did not take this account out
Keith
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT registered default on my credit file I know nothing of the account

For any queries about your credit file it should be raised directly with Equifax.

You can find out how to contact them and what happens at the below link:

Have a question about your credit file?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

I have already done this if you read the op
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Hi @kdservices,

Thanks for posting. I’m sorry you’re had problems with your credit file. You’ve done the right thing by raising this with Equifax. Once this is raised you should be given a unique reference ID that can be used by Equifax or BT to search for and update the query.  Equifax will mark your credit file as in query so it will have no further impact on your credit vets until the query is resolved.

This is the key reason why you need to contact Equifax in the 1st instance, because once the dispute is raised with Equifax you are protected in that any information you’re disputing will be marked as in query while it is being processed.

Equifax will then deal with BT Acquisitions team direct and work on your behalf to resolve the issue. There’s nothing the moderators can do to help in this instance so you’re best bet would be to chase with Equifax who will liaise with BT on your behalf.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I have done this and Equifax sent the case to BT who then returned it saying it is correct all I want is some way to call the UK team who deal with it I have the ref number and have tried the India call centre who can't help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

@kdservices Please use the 'click here to contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll look into this for you. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings