Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gthomson4000
Beginner
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT's dreadful customer service

Yes I have come on to rant.

And I believe I am perfectly entitled to do so.

As I said earlier, I now have 3 BT accounts so reckon I have triple ranting rights as a BT customer.

Unlike your good self I now have no expectation of BT resolving my problems in a timeous and organised manner – with or without mods.

I have simply given up banging my head up against the corporate wall of a company that is focused on procuring short-term shareholder profit while forgetting that providing good customer service helps an enterprise survive and prosper in the longer term.

BT is an unwieldy, corporate behemoth that makes it excruciatingly difficult for a customer to speak to someone in a reasonable timeframe who can actually deal with and take ownership of a specific problem and resolve it.

Instead, customers are bounced around call centres in various locales and jurisdictions with the constant backdrop of mind-numbing music serending them as their patience is tested in the latest queue they find themselves in. 

Then you have to explain their whole story again and provide all your details before someone at the end of the chain finally assures you that the issue will resolved.

Obviously, this is just a ruse and you then have to start the whole circus again when the promises fail to be delivered.

It would perhaps be better if BT used semaphore as at least I would get some exercise rather than be reduced to making up phonetic words in order that the latest customer service advisor can spell my name and differentiate between an A and E and an M and N.

But rather than semaphore I have raised the metaphorical white flag. I give up. I’ve had enough. My energy and patience is spent.

BT has beaten me – for now.

My wife has moved up to her mum’s as their phone works.

The hospital can phone there.

I will try to personally apologise to my main boss tomorrow if I can get him alone and hope it doesn’t go against me. 

All I have left is a determination to continue to rant about BT’s pathetic and shambolic customer service.

It might not get me a phone line but I already feel a hell of a lot better.

0 Ratings
gthomson4000
Beginner
Message 12 of 16

"If you don't want that you will just need to continue with the customer services department and all that that entails."

I am genuinely questioning what this site is all about?

Is it for customer service refuseniks?

Do you guys just bypass BT's customer service and go straight to Mods?

Who are these Mods? Why aren't they working for customer service?

Is there a Mod training school?

Why aren't all customer service operators Mods?

There is obvioulsy a two-tier system in operation. Those who can access the internet and log on here can get a Mod to deal with their issues while those who rely on a phone are condemned to be treated like second-class customers.

As I said earlier, I have given up so will just have to stick to being treated like a schmuk by BT's regular, non-Mod, non-problem solvers.

I will keep this site updated as the levels of incompetence decend further into farce.

As the customer service advisor said to me today on the phone – "the stuff going on with your account is surreal".

He then proceeded to change my account in such a way that my latest line was cut off after our call was finished.

Surreal eh?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 16

@gthomson4000 wrote:

"If you don't want that you will just need to continue with the customer services department and all that that entails."

I am genuinely questioning what this site is all about?

You will see this on the start page of this forum

The BT Community forum is a place for BT customers and experts to share knowledge and help each other.

Is it for customer service refuseniks? As above

Do you guys just bypass BT's customer service and go straight to Mods? If you had read the Guidelines of the forum you will see that this is a peer to peer self help forum The moderators only become involved if it is a problem that can not be resolved by forum members. https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/BTCare-Community-Forums-User-Guidelines/td-p/1375043

Who are these Mods? Why aren't they working for customer service? They are a part of Customer service

Is there a Mod training school? No doubt there will be training of some sort

Why aren't all customer service operators Mods? As said, they are part of customer services and some of them moderate this forum as well.

There is obvioulsy a two-tier system in operation. There are actually a few tiers of customer services depending on how difficult your problem is it will be escalated up the tiers. Those who can access the internet and log on here can get a Mod to deal with their issues while those who rely on a phone are condemned to be treated like second-class customers. That's your opinion.

As I said earlier, I have given up so will just have to stick to being treated like a schmuk by BT's regular, non-Mod, non-problem solvers. That's your choice.

I will keep this site updated as the levels of incompetence decend further into farce.

As the customer service advisor said to me today on the phone – "the stuff going on with your account is surreal".

He then proceeded to change my account in such a way that my latest line was cut off after our call was finished.

Surreal eh?

I hope you get your problem resolved which ever way you decide to pursue it.

0 Ratings
SeanD
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 14 of 16

Hi Gthomson4000,

I completely understand your frustration and I am very sorry that we at BT customer service have not been able to help.  Please take Robbie's offer of help.  I appreciate that some of the things you have mentioned we will not be able to hep with but I can assure you that when we pick up your complaint it will be owned until full resolution.  You will have one point of contact and we will keep you informed rather than you calling us.

I am confident that we will be able to help.

Cheers

Sean

0 Ratings
gthomson4000
Beginner
Message 15 of 16

Thanks fo the apology and advice.

However, I will stick to being a schmuck and a second-class customer reliant on normal customer service.

I do not want special treatment. 

I want ordinary treatment that is effective when I call customer services.

Why are Mod-type people not available to phone customers?

Why can't you call customer service and be redirected to a Mod-type problem solver when it is apparent that the issues being experienced are problematic?

As it is, I am now on my fourth phone number in a month. 

Just spoke to a nice chap in India who explained that Openreach cancelled my lost order for a new line and number. (even though I had a working line and number before the latest order was generated due to account problems)

He could give me no reason as to why Openreach cancelled the latest order.

He has now generated a new order for a new line (my third line in a month) with a new number (my fourth in a month) with an activation date of 11 November.

We will see if Openreach bother to turn up this time.

They didn't the last time - twice.

I took two days off work just so that I could waste my time waiting in for them.

I have no doubt they will eventually turn up and fix my line again but I am left wondering how long it will actually be operational.

The previous one lasted six days.

If it does remain stable for a week I may even go nuts and try to get broadband put in.

I'm sure that will be entertaining.

Will keep you updated as to the life of an ordinary customer who is reliant on customer services.

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 16

you would be far better off taking the mod teams offer of help and that way you have no further dealings with the call centres and have a single point of contact in the UK until fully resolved
0 Ratings