cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 12

BT saying I'm not eligible for fibre

Evening all,

I'm having a nightmare trying to set up internet, phone and TV at a house I'm about to move into.

I'm specifcally after the Entertainment Plus TV package + infintity 1. However when I try and order this online it comes back and tells me its not available.

Anyone who I phone simply tells me that I wouldnt be able to get the extra services for that package. Sport etc. Theyre claiming lack of multicast. I've used the checker below and it comes back with multicast available...

https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/ADSLChecker.address

My issue is that if I attempt to order it online using the house number for literally any other house on the street (standard terraced houses). It is available. They all use the same cabinet and exchange so why is my house the only one that can't get it. Would I be right in thinking that this is a problem with the information held about the house.

I'm baffled and getting absolutely no help from anyone on the customer service teams, online or by phone.

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT saying I'm not eligible for fibre

Does the address checker show FTTC available?  If not a new build were previous owners with BT that you could try the phone number which is more accurate than address

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 12

Address *** on Exchange WALNEY is served by Cabinet 1

Featured Products

Downstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Upstream Line Rate(Mbps)

Downstream Range(Mbps)

Availability Date

HighLowHighLow    

FTTC Range A (Clean)8076.92020--Available
FTTC Range B (Impacted)8061.92012.2--Available

WBC ADSL 2+Up to 17--10 to 19.5Available
WBC ADSL 2+ Annex MUp to 17Up to 1.510 to 19.5Available
ADSL MaxUp to 7.5--6.5 to 8Available
WBC Fixed Rate2----Available
Fixed Rate2----Available
Other Offerings
Fibre Multicast------Available
Copper Multicast------Available
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

you really need to try the phone number check as the address and postcode checks are not that accurate
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 12

How do I do this without having a phone number??

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 12

When I try to place the order  I get this...

1.PNG

However, using details for every other house on the street it accepts it and I get this...

2.PNG

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

If address checker see your home then must be on database

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 12

No, it's a 100 year old mid terraced house. All the houses are the same and it's not a big street.

If I was getting a mix of results that would be one thing. But to be the only house that the website is saying it's unavailable for... surely theres a mistake somewhere.

All I get from customer services is "That seems strange... but computer says no"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 9 of 12

Hi andymw91,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having problems getting the order placed. I'll be happy to lend a hand with this. Can you please drop me an email with your details? You'll get the 'contact us' link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 12

I've done that so hopefully I'll get a quickish response. We really need to be setting something up in the next few days as it's important to us for work.

Without getting into specifics here, is it usual for two houses, in the same place, using the same fibre capable exchange and cabinet to differ like this?

0 Ratings