Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 1 of 23

BT speed far less than promised Atten: NeilO

Hi,

I have BT Infinity 2 and in my old flat, after moderator NielO helped out, I was able to get my maximum speed all the time.

I have since bought a house and moved. When I asked to move my BT account I was told I would get a minimum speed of 45 mbps. However, since moving the maximum I have ever got is 20 mbps and mostly 10 mbps. Is there anything I can do to fix this? I work from home on my days off through remote desktop and it is really struggling. 

Thank you kindly I really appreciate any help

Craig

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: BT speed far less than promised Atten: NeilO

Can you run this checker and post back a screen shot of the results. Make sure you delete your phone number before posting.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome
0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 3 of 23

222.PNG

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 4 of 23

From the checker results you'll never get 45Mbps. The most you'll get is 39Mbps. Can you post the connection stats from the hub?

0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 5 of 23

454.PNG

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 23

Are you connected to the master socket or an extension?
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 7 of 23

If I can improve on what I have in any way that would be great. currently max i've ever seen is 20 but mostly less between 10 and 15
0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 8 of 23

It looks like an extension face. I cannot see just yet where the "master" would be. But the face (from a google search) is an extension. With the socket in the middle of the face.

0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 23

Try and located the master which typically has a line running through the middle
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Hi Webby.

I have looked and what I can see is this. I am in a two story house with attic, the phone line comes from a mast into the attic. If I follow it it goes for a short distance into a black box which seems to split it into two extensions. One un-used and the other is in the 2nd level bedroom. The extension block is very simple, probally used for a telephone line when the house was made.

There is no master or any BT branded things. Just regular telephone line it looks like.

0 Ratings