Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT speed far less than promised Atten: NeilO

Try disconnecting the unused wires in the black box, they will be acting as an aerial and causing interference.

0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 12 of 23

Hi, the wires are connected into an extension block that isn't being used. I would hope they are not an ariel but maybe it could be an issue. I would disconnect them but it looks like something I don't want to touch. It seems a little old or homemade but I will see if I can do that

0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 13 of 23

No engineer came to my house. When I told BT I was moving house they said they would send an engineer to install my BT on monday the 19th. I waited all day then called and they told me they were moving my line at the cabinet and that was that. I expected someone to come check it was working ok etc etc but nope nothing
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 14 of 23

@nirvana316 wrote:
No engineer came to my house. When I told BT I was moving house they said they would send an engineer to install my BT on monday the 19th. I waited all day then called and they told me they were moving my line at the cabinet and that was that. I expected someone to come check it was working ok etc etc but nope nothing

Almost all Infinity connections are "self-install" however any problems you can have an engineer out FOC within the first 28 days.

Get onto support and stick with wanting an engineer and ignore the £129 charge.

0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 15 of 23

That would be very useful to have an engineer look at it because I am sure that I should be able to get better. However, my worry is that I thought BT say they charge you a lot of money if they come out and find out there is no fault, it's your fault etc etc

But it looks like the phone line here has not been changed since the house was built and I expect that is not so common practice for broadband things. I remember getting a new phone line to a different property I was in and seeing the master socket getting installed etc.

0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Perhaps a mod could help with this?
0 Ratings
Webby
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 23

There's no charge if no fault found.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 18 of 23

It will be fixed far quicker if you ring in. They will advise of a possible charge but you need not worry about it. There will be no charge. Just insist on an engineer.
0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Ok thank you all for your help!

I will take a couple of pictures of the setup in the house right now and post here so you can advise just so things are a little clearer. I guess what I have is the phone line connected to an old junction box which then goes all the way to a bedroom extension socket. The junction box also splits it in two. But i'll take a photo tonight

0 Ratings
nirvana316
Contributor
Message 20 of 23

WP_20170629_20_13_05_Pro.jpg

0 Ratings