cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cherkhan
Expert
Message 1 of 15

BT speed tester

Okay, so concensus is that the BT speed tester is not working as it gives highly erratic results if any at all.

SO, just why do the MODS request you carry out a speed check using this tool?

Apart from the fact I have a failing Hub3 type'A', what is being gained by testing through a medium that is not capable of working correctly in the first place?

Oh it gives ME a headache....:)

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: BT speed tester

It still gives an accurate representation of your profile which indicates the maximum download and upload you can get and therefore what you should realistically get. I agree the actuall speed results are very erratic at the moment. I think most people here now request a speed test result from Speedtest.net. That said apparently the BT speed test is going to be updated and fixed in about a week.
0 Ratings
Nige32
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 15

Hi

I have been running the speed tester over the last few days and it seems to be working ok. ( for me at least)

here is one I just ran a few minutes ago.

Not to bad for a bank holiday result

1.jpg 

0 Ratings
Mister_C
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

It's been quite erratic for me as well as it seems several others who have posted in these forums.
0 Ratings
adamd
Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Very erratic for me also but I think IP profile is accurate.

0 Ratings
jonstatt
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 15

It is very erratic for me. If it takes a long time between completing the download test and starting the upload test, it seems to mess up the download result. It works maybe 1 in 10 times.

Also, the profile started saying 38.71 now instead of 38.72....weird! It would be near impossible to just have the perfect connect speed fractionally under the max that would result in a genuine profile of 38.71!!

0 Ratings
Paul1360
Expert
Message 7 of 15

Boo Hoo still don't love me:-

stbt1.jpg

iechyd da

0 Ratings
ypt
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 15

Hi Paul,

At least you know it's just the speedtester that is suffering from something! (lack of investment?) - when I saw those figures it was a duff gigabit port on my 3A.

Michael.

0 Ratings
cherkhan
Expert
Message 9 of 15

Well, BT been here and gone again now. New Hub3 and guess what? It is Version 1A again. New modem version 2B again.

Speeds seem to have come up again so let's see what happens. Appears all he had on the van. Still waiting for the new modems.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 15

Try running your tests at www.speedtest.bbmax.co.uk

I've found it to be much more consistent.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings