cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT sport App - HD lagging on lenovo tablet smart fhd plus

i have the smart fhd lenova tablet max spec version which can effortlessly play 1440p/1080p videos on youtube, netflix, amazon etc. but when the HD option is switched on the tablet for the BT sport app the video lags and is in slow motion as if it cannot handle the content. i have to switch it off to SD. this makes no sense.  

ZA5W0142GB model number - 128gb and 4gb of RAM.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT sport App - HD lagging on lenovo tablet smart fhd plus

Just like your TV, I'm afraid your tablet is also underpowered, and so cannot keep up with the top video bitrate with content protection enabled.

Rather than you turn off HD, I've just pushed an update to our config that will allow your device to try HD and then only drop to a lower quality when it struggles.  Restart the app now (press back until it quits), make sure HD is turned on, and then try to play BT Sport again.  You should find that the video will get smoother within 20-30 seconds.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hello what bitrate is the content pushed at when it smooths after 45-1 min. it doesnt even look like 720p more like 480p?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I don't know what account you're using, but there are 2 users on a Lenovo TB-X606F who have watched BT Sport since I made the config update. One was reduced to 720p50 (one step down from the 1080p50 max) and the other was reduced to 720p25 (two steps down), solely as a result of device performance.  The different behaviour can be to do with other apps running in the background, battery level, signal strength (the device works harder to maintain wifi if the signal is weaker), etc.

Note: every time you start the video, it goes back to the top quality and adjusts based on current conditions.  It will never get stuck at anything lower than it needs to.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

when it loads initially it actually looks really clear but when it drops down to 720p of whichever frame rate it actually looks quite bad. now im not sure if you have better  and worse quality depending on the channel and content. the italian league quality looked ok but there was a big difference from the full 1080p to the 720p. womens cricket australia game actually looked like 480p

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Please trust me when I say your video quality hasn't dropped below 720p25 today. There's nothing further I can offer on this - it's the best that your device is capable of with our content.
0 Ratings