Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_M
BT TV Expert
Message 51 of 87

Re: BT sport app won't airplay to Apple tv since laterst upgrade

Go to solution

Hi All,

If anyone is willing to be contacted by the App Developers regarding this subject then can you please PM me your contact details and a 1-liner about your experience and I will pass them on.

Thanks

Steve

0 Ratings
Frazer2
Beginner
Message 52 of 87

Go to solution

Thanks for the solution, one thing I can add is on the Iphone it asks enhanced resolution or standard and it would apprear that you can only run it in standard. The picture is far better tahn it was back in early Summer so im not complaining. Do we know if teh new Apple TV 4 launched on September 9th is any better ?

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 53 of 87

Go to solution

@Dickie1971 wrote:
Ok I had the same problem there is a workaround. Steps as follows:

- Ensure AirPlay is off on source device (iPhone / iPad)
- open BT Sport App
- choose the programme you want to watch in sport app
- get it in full screen on your source device
- swipe up from bottom and click AirPlay in control centre
- DONT slide the mirroring switch to on!
- you should see a frozen frame of the programme on yr TV
- press play on your AppleTV remote
- that's it.

BT appear to have updated their help page which now reads

We’re aware that some customers using devices running iOS 9 can't see the Airplay icon in the video player. If you're experiencing this issue, please make sure you have downloaded iOS 9.0.2 or later. If you still can't see the Airplay icon, you can still Airplay BT Sport to your Apple TV by swiping upwards on your iPhone or iPad to bring up the Control Panel. You can then select the Airplay icon from there. You should not have mirroring enabled when you try to use Airplay.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44724/~/can-i-stream-the-bt-sport-channels-from-the-b...

0 Ratings
Barcabaggies
Beginner
Message 54 of 87

Go to solution
Right. The app plays fine on my iPad. As soon as I select AirPlay it displays the program on screen but with the "pause" symbol and no way of switching this to "play" as nothing is displayed on the iPad screen?
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 55 of 87

Go to solution

@Barcabaggies wrote:
Right. The app plays fine on my iPad. As soon as I select AirPlay it displays the program on screen but with the "pause" symbol and no way of switching this to "play" as nothing is displayed on the iPad screen?

When the program appears on the( TV) screen it is effectively paused  so you need to press the play button on your Apple TV controller (not on your IPad)

0 Ratings
Andygoz
Contributor
Message 56 of 87

Go to solution

Anyone else experiencing problems with buffering/poorer picture quality?

on the whole my or playing is good quality but intermittently every 15 mins or so the quality dips massively and sometimes stops altogether. 

Its to not an Internet connection issue, my connection is super fast, stable and has no other disruption on other devices. It's just frustrating that the quality doesn't stay at the best level.

0 Ratings
RB3
Beginner
Message 57 of 87

Go to solution

I have been in discussions with BT for months now regarding this. It works sometimes, but the majority of times it doesnt. It totally ruined the moto gp season for me which is the only reason we moved to bt.

The straw that broke the camels back when when after 19 calls someone said that BT do not support this...even though they advertise it on their website as a way to way sport.

We have now logged a case with the ombudsman as we still cant do anything and have spent money on devices and service not fit for purpose!

Will keep you updated!

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 58 of 87

Go to solution

@RB3 What are the problems you are currently experiencing  - what actually happens when you (a) play on the Ipad and (b) what actual;ly happens when you elect to airplay  - also are you attempting to airplay without mirroring enabled ?

0 Ratings
scottg89
Beginner
Message 59 of 87

Go to solution

I have had BT Sport and broadband for the past 18 months and I have found the support to be appalling. There were numerous issues within BT that meant it took 3 months to get my broadband (not fibre like I had originally ordered) connected to begin with. The broadband has cut out for a month and BT did not fix the problem within the agreed timeframe and ignored me after the deadline had passed. On top of all this the broadband disconnects for a few hours at least once a month. 

And to get back on topic the sole reason that I chose BT to provide my broadband was to receive BT Sports. I do not have sky so I use either my iPhone or iPad to stream to my apple TV. At first this worked well enough with a few disconnections but it has just got worse as time has progressed. It wont work at all anymore from my iPad and it takes 4 or 5 attempts using my iPhone but even that disconnects within the course of a football match. I keep all my devices and the apps up to date. 

I am at the end of my contract now and my patience is also at an end. If BT do not fix this app asap then I will give up on having BT sports and choose another internet provider as it just isn't worth the hassle. 

0 Ratings
hank31980
Beginner
Message 60 of 87

Go to solution

Hi there, I have updated to latest iOS 9.2 I believe. The only thing that has now become apparent is that the AirPlay Icon has disappeared from the screen.So if I select something to watch the video starts to playon the iPad.

Normally I would then tap the screen once and the video controls would show. So you would see Play/Stop icon to the left hand side, then to the right you would see Full screen and Volume controls. In addition you normally see the AirPlay icon, so that you can send image to an Apple TV. This control has now disappeared? Why??

0 Ratings