cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

BT sport banners

Go to solution

I have SKY and BT Sport.  When watching any non live football on CH414 (but  not  413) I get Vertical and Horizontal sports updates which makes viewing very annoying. 

BT help desk said BT does not transmit this info:,  contact SKY.  Before I spend money with them has any one else had this experience?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
BT TV Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT sport banners

Go to solution

The left and bottom information panels shown on "BT Sport Europe" are part of the broadcast by BT Sport.

Steve

Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Welcome oldron - 

Sadly the helpdesk has given you incorrrect information  - It is BT which has decided to inflict the sports update on you. and they have continued to do so despite numerous complaints and requests for coverage to be provided without the intrusive information which frequently contains spoilers to the progrsam being viewed

Their justification :

This summer BT Sport introduces exclusively live coverag of the UEFA Champions League and the UEFA Europa League and has recently introduced a new channel to our line-up called BT Sport Europe. 

On the new channel we provide viewers with a news and schedule information service that appears during programming but NOT when we are showing LIVE sport.

We want all of our viewers to have the best possible viewing experience by offering them latest scores and information as well as making them aware of all our LIVE fixtures, for what we’re sure will be an exciting season ahead.

There is a thread at

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport/BT-Sport-Europe-Presentation/td-p/1515669

Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution
Watching the Goals show tonight the L display is working well as a good way of keeping across all eight Champions League group stage matches but it should really not be used when showing the highlights of a single matches but just for other news type coverage.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Re.Banners on BT Sport. The Ashes replay 21:20 on Thursday 14/12/17 I checked for a solution as the side and bottom banners were very annoying. I got referred this forum but there was no help. I tried all of the buttons on my Sky remote and hey presto Red Button sorted it. I didn't expect that as There had been a message to try two different channels neither of which was correct.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

There is threads about the banner or LBar. The on screen wording says, “To enjoy BT Sports in Full Screen, BT TV viewers go to channel 470 or 455, Sky viewers press Red.”

So I presume you are a Sky user?

Stew

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

I agree, they are very annoying and detract from the enjoyment of watching the program. Even more annoying and a blatant spoiler is when there are two live games (the recent European Rugby) transmitted at the same time and the score for the other game is given out by the commentators. Very bad sportsmanship from BT as most people would want to watch the recorded game without knowing the score.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks for the channel numbers.
Unfortunately did find your post not before the banner told me the result of the Ashes test match I was watching!!!! BT please dump the banners ASAP. The constantly scrolling banners gave me a bad headache. The person who thought it was a good idea should have to watch them for a few hours and see if they still think it's a good idea.
0 Ratings
Guru
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

That is the problem with the LBar as default. The default should be full screen and you can add the LBar if you want to.

BT though think otherwise.

Stew

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

How do I get rid of the very annoying black top banner on BT Sport please? I am using an an Apple Macbook using Safari, High Sierra.(Version 11.0.3). 

0 Ratings