cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT sport hd on sky ripped off..

I was phoned up out of the blue by BT asking if I would move from sky to BT, on the 24th July The girl told me they would give me phone broadband and BT SPORT HD, the BT SPORT HD would be free, and I could view it through my sky box, so after consulting on the price I agreed, I asked if their was anything i needed to do i.e tell sky, I was told nthing at all they would do it all. My activation date would be the 9th august. So come the day the phone and broadband came on that night but no bt sport.

So I phoned the next day and was told it would be sorted out and would be available in the next 15mins to 6 hours again nothing happened so on the 12th I phoned again, same process and timeline was given on the phone again. BTsport did they come on but no HD channels. 

I then phoned again and was told I would have to pay for HD. This was not what was agreed and even on BT`s own website it said free HD if taken before the 1st of August. \i am not happy as this was the whole point in taking this out, as the phone and BB are not any cheaper than i was already paying on sky, but BT sport and espn HD was to  make up for this. I am now sending in a complaint and if it is not sorted out I will be cancelling my contract as i was cold called and misold this product and will be letting ofcom know. BT customer service completely un helpfull. Anyone else had these issues...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT sport hd on sky ripped off..

I find that if you go to the 'contact us' section on the BT website, and use the form to describe the problem, they usually phone you back and sort it.

I doubt they want to lose new customers over £3 a month.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I have already done that and all I got was an automated response email on how to go about subscribing to BT sport.

Completely Useless......

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 5

I have had a very similar experience. After doing all the sums, I decided to move from Sky to BT because of the free BT Sport HD channels. I placed my order online for phone and broadband and then rang BT before the end of July to get the free BT Sport HD offer. The operator that I spoke to was excellent, taking my Sky viewing card number and making detailed notes on the system. He asked me to ring back when my broadband was up and running and he would activate the viewing card. The switch from Sky was on August 9th. This led to me being without a phone or broadband for 6 days, even though everything was working perfectly with Sky the day before!!! The engineer finally got everything working on August 15th. I then rang BT to activate my BT Sport HD channels and guess what........... They had no record of my conversation about receiving the free HD channels. I had 8 years with Sky phone and broadband and really regret switching. BT's customer service is non existent. BT have basically called me a liar and if I want to cancel my contract I would have to pay a termination fee. I have now registered a complaint and some technical person will listen to recordings of all my conversations with BT to check that I am telling the truth. How sad. They will be asking me to take a lie detector test next!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Yes well I have made a formal complaint so I am waiting to here back if I don`t or this is not resolved I will be cancelling my contract and there will be no termination fee as this was a cold call mis-sold contract. As the law states -

"If your written contract does not match the terms you agreed with the sales staff when you bought the service, you have been mis-sold the contract.

If the statement made by the sales person is false and it influenced your decision to buy the service, this is called misrepresentation. If this is the case, you can cancel your contract without charges and may be able to take legal action for compensation. A false statement which influenced your decision to enter into a contract is also an example of an unfair commercial practice. This is a criminal offence."

I will also forward My complaint To OFCOM...

0 Ratings