cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

BT sport live channels freezing on Roku devices

Hi there, I've noticed a lot of conversations and complaints about recent updates made by BT on the app which has caused streaming / viewing issues across multiple devices and namely samsung tvs. 

I have a two Roku NOW TV boxes, one from 2015 which wirelessly streams BT sport channels fine, the other is from 2019 but the BT sport live channels stream for circa 30 seconds then freeze while the audio continues to run. Ive notice exactly the same complaint from others in this community on Samsung TVs and Roku boxes. The box works perfectly and stream every other app / platform seamlessly so it must be an issue with the app. 

Ive done all the usual updates, factory settings, reinstalled the app etc etc and nothing has worked. Its not a broadband issue as I have over 200mbps with Sky sports, Netflix, Amazon etc streaming seamlessly and simultaneously around the whole house.

Any ideas / help would be very welcome?

Mark

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT sport live channels freezing on Roku devices

Thanks for raising it separately @Mark2049 - it makes it a lot easier to follow this discussion separately.

I've raised this with the Roku dev lead, and she's not heard of anyone else reporting this. Could you please send me a DM with your BT ID, so that she can specifically check logs for your device/account.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Sure, just sent
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

@DarrenDev I've got two Roku Streaming Stick+'s and have never had an issue with BT Sport on either 👌

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

I'm having the same issues. Done everything with no joy. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

@mattelll @Mark2049

If you get a chance today, could you please check our live channels (from the Channels menu) and let me know if you're seeing this issue still?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Everything seems OK now. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Ah OK thanks @mattelll 

We've not been able to replicate it on any of our devices, and neither have Roku, so it sounds like whatever it was has resolved itself. We're going to need to park this investigation until we get any further reports.

Message 9 of 12

Hi Darren, all live channels seems to be working fine now.

Regards 

Mark

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Hey guys. We discovered a hardware fault specifically with some models of Roku and Now TV device when switching to our higher quality streams. We've implemented a workaround on our side for this issue whilst Roku continue their investigations. Everything looks good from here now, but we'd appreciate if you'd be able to confirm everything is still OK with you @Mark2049 and @mattelll ?

0 Ratings