cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

BT sport on Youview issue

Hey folks hoping for some advice here as I've had no luck ringing up BT. My dad has BT broadband (not infinity) and watched BT sport on the PC. Now after letters through the post saying he can get it on the tv he's recently got a youview box from BT stating it would include the same channels however after setting it up I found no trace of them. Rang Tuesday (a week later) and got told the channels hadn't been activated, she was having a problem adding them but another department would do it by the end of the day. Today still nothing (updated albeit it does it automatically and retuned) , rang and got transferred to TV faults department but gave up after being on hold for over 20mins. I don't think its an issue of internet speed not allowing the channels as I'm casting BT sport HD from my tablet to his TV as we often do with absolutely no slow down (gets about 12mb).

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 13

Re: BT sport on Youview issue

Can you put your fathers number in here:

https://www.btwholesale.com/includes/adsl/adsl.htm?s_cid=ws_furls_adslchecker

And post the results without personal information like his phone number

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 13

@Joeyboy wrote:

Hey folks hoping for some advice here as I've had no luck ringing up BT. My dad has BT broadband (not infinity) and watched BT sport on the PC. Now after letters through the post saying he can get it on the tv he's recently got a youview box from BT stating it would include the same channels however after setting it up I found no trace of them. Rang Tuesday (a week later) and got told the channels hadn't been activated, she was having a problem adding them but another department would do it by the end of the day. Today still nothing (updated albeit it does it automatically and retuned) , rang and got transferred to TV faults department but gave up after being on hold for over 20mins. I don't think its an issue of internet speed not allowing the channels as I'm casting BT sport HD from my tablet to his TV as we often do with absolutely no slow down (gets about 12mb).

Someone has clearly not set the order up correctly for him, no need for speed / line checks as the ability to receive the channels will have been done when he placed the order. You'll need to persevere with BT and get them to process the order correctly.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

Well I'd hope they've done speed checks... Funnily enough my own home Internet is down at the moment so replying via phone, are there any specific values from the line test in the link which are most relevant?

It says ADSL multicast is available which I think is a positive sign...

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 13

Yes, it does mean he can get BT Sport but only in SD. Is that okay? If so either I will ask a mod to help or they will post themselves

If my post has been useful, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If I have answered your question correctly please let me know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution' Thanks
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

Yeah was aware that would be the case, unusual really though since it can be streamed in HD, one would think the box would behave in a similar manner, but yeah it's the simplest solution for him really.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Busy Busy.. Going to have another go at ringing up tomorrow unless it's easier for any BT folks to give help on here/PM me
0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

Yeah try the order team if they cant help post back:

Monday to Saturday 8am - 8pm
Sunday 9am - 6pm
From a landline: 0800 100 400

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

On hold for 25 mins gave up haha. Would anyone on here be able to find out if the issue is on ours or BTs end?

0 Ratings
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 13

I will see if a mod will be willing to help

0 Ratings