cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 12

BT sport via sky - multi room

Does anyone know if multi room will be available for BT sport via Sky box . Been told that at moment this will not happen, is this true?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 12

Re: BT sport via sky - multi room

from the way bt described the sky subscription it will be one subscription for each viewing card.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

@socmwils23 wrote:

from the way bt described the sky subscription it will be one subscription for each viewing card.

A possible workaround is the BT app. You can definitely watch 2 streams at once and have as many devices as you like registered.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

having just spoken with the orderline if you want your second card activated (multiroom) then you need to pay the going cost - you only get 1 card with BT sports free

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 12

Yes that's what I understand from speaking to BT. However I have Sky Multi room and a BTVision Box. What is to stop me having my sky card activated upstairs and having a £10 viewing card for my BTVision box downstairs. Hopefully, nothing. Anyone know?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

That's what I'd feared but to be fair, having it free on one Sky box is an incredible offer so I'm not too miffed, If you need to, you can always connect a tablet or your laptop up to the TV so it's not all bad!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 12

@imjolly wrote:

having just spoken with the orderline if you want your second card activated (multiroom) then you need to pay the going cost - you only get 1 card with BT sports free

Have you managed to do this?

I have just had an extremely lengthy conversation (with an apparently intelligent and fluent in English) BT sales advisor who categorically stated that it is technically impossible for them to register a 2nd Sky (Multiroom) viewing card - even if we wished to pay for  the additional subscription.

The only way it could be done (according to him - and after reference presumably to his line manager) would be to have a 2nd line installed and a 2nd Broadband subscription!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 12

@catterbutts wrote:

@imjolly wrote:

Have you managed to do this?

I have just had an extremely lengthy conversation (with an apparently intelligent and fluent in English) BT sales advisor who categorically stated that it is technically impossible for them to register a 2nd Sky (Multiroom) viewing card - even if we wished to pay for  the additional subscription.

The only way it could be done (according to him - and after reference presumably to his line manager) would be to have a 2nd line installed and a 2nd Broadband subscription!

why would I want a second telephone line to receive a sky satellite channel on my sky+hd box?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 9 of 12

@imjolly wrote:
why would I want a second telephone line to receive a sky satellite channel on my sky+hd box?

Exactly the point I have tried to make to BT - but to no avail.  That was why i was interested to know whether you had actually succeeded in getting them to register two Sky viewing cards on one BT account?

From further research  Googling it appears that this is a 'Known Issue' within BT - they are 'working on it' but refuse to publically admit to the b*lls-up

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 12

I have not made any attempt to investigate multiroom for BT sports as I am not prepared to pay any extra cost when I have sky sports and BT sports (free)

0 Ratings