cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
borderwalker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 16

BT sports available or not

We have a very annoying problem that has arisen through no fault of ours. Up until recently my parents have been watching BT sports on their tv but now BT have cut it off as they say the broadband speed is not fast enough. BT have a speed noted on their system that my parents are only able to receive 2mb/sec broadband and cannot receive BT sports but as I have pointed out they have been able to watch BT sports for years up until a couple of months ago. I have ran several speed tests over the last few weeks and speeds average around 8-10mb/sec which is fast enough to receive BT sports. So what I need to know is how do I get BT to update the speeds records in their system and would it be so hard to untick the box and see if my parents can receive BT sports or nor not. People who live 1 mile further away from the exchange than my parents receive infinity broadband but because my parents live 100yrds off the main route they cannot get infinity which again I find very frustrating as it all comes from the same exchange. Please help, thanks in advance.
0 Ratings
15 REPLIES 15
PaddyB
Message 2 of 16

Re: BT sports available or not

Hi @borderwalker,

Can you enter your parent's telephone number on the BT Wholesale Checker? And post back the results. This will give us an indication on what the line can support.

Remember to please edit out the number before posting back on the forum.

I know for BT Sport on BT TV the minimum speed does need to be 5.25 Mbps for existing customers.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
borderwalker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 16

The link does not work
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 16

0 Ratings
borderwalker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 16

BT BROADBAND AVAILABILITY CHECKER Telephone Number 000000000 on Exchange KELSO is served by Cabinet 1 Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Handback Threshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date WBC FTTC 18x2 Provide Availability WBC FTTC 18x2 Sim Availability Left in Jumper High Low High Low VDSL Range A (Clean) 11.2 5.9 1.2 0.8 4.7 Available -- Yes Yes -- VDSL Range B (Impacted) 8.5 2.8 1.2 0.5 2 Available -- Yes Yes -- ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate(Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) Availability Date Left in Jumper WBC ADSL 2+ Up to 3 -- 2.5 to 6.5 Available -- -- -- -- WBC ADSL 2+ Annex M Up to 3 Up to 0.5 2.5 to 6.5 Available -- -- -- -- ADSL Max Up to 3 -- 2 to 5.5 Available -- -- -- -- WBC Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available -- -- -- -- Fixed Rate 1 -- -- Available -- -- -- -- Other Offerings Availability Date VDSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- -- -- ADSL Multicast -- -- -- Available -- -- -- --
0 Ratings
borderwalker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 16

01573 225695 BT broadband speed test.jpg

0 Ratings
borderwalker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 16

online test from forum link.jpg

0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 16

The Wholesale checker shows the estimated speeds for both copper and fibre speeds these estimates are used by all providers including BT it looks as if fibre services are the only way to get BT Sport
0 Ratings
borderwalker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 16

i uploaded two images into my comments above but they are not showing on here. one of the images is a copy of the speed test results
0 Ratings
borderwalker
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 16

what do the results say, please explain?
0 Ratings