cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ripped-off
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 15

BT taking incorrect amount from my account. THIS MESSAGE HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED!

I have wasted weeks phoning BT, it all started when i was stupid enough to get Broadband,

I rang for the best deal they could give me seeing i only make six calls a month, they told me £13 line rental and £5 a month for broadband.

I got the Letter saying £16 month plus line rent of £13, so i rang them back , they said mistake we will change it got letter saying the price that was first agreed, now a month later got a letter for £160, plus £72 a month.

Tried ringing everyone, told manager will ring me back never do, India is a joke, Newcastle option is just as bad, just spent 40 mins on phone to India women took 20 mins just to look at my account to tell me what i already new, then the supervisor came onsaid he would help, left me on hold for half hour then cut me off.

Ofcom said that i can get my account frozen while it is dispute, however as i said to ofcom how can you get it frozen if nobody will help or contact you, and BT make it impossible to complain, Ofcom said i would have to wait 8 weeks, so thats, eight weeks of people stealing from my account.

In my opinion, i think there is a scam in BT, you ring tell them what you want , and they put you on the highest rate to get more commission, when you calll to change, they charge you £15.99 management must be complaint!

Can you imagine all the poor venerable elderly people bt rifling there accounts and there is not any recorse, obviously this is my opinion, so if you are in the same situation or you know someone who is, contact your MP and demand that he put pressure on the serious fraud squad to investigate, this is what i am in the process of doing.

BEfore the attempted thief from my account,i tried to complain to bt about my broadband, i just brought a brand new Sony Laptop, rang bt to help install virus checker, told India  not to go onto Internet as it did not have a checker, guy using my pc remotely said its ok, could not put checker on my pc, so he put me through to mcafee virus centre, spoke to another guy he said that the last moron has pick up a spy ware, so he did a scan of the disk using the Internet this went on for about 2 hours, then i notice he had just put a free virus checkerr from the net on it, rang back, bare in mind this is hours on the phone, spoke to another idiot who tried to do the same thing as the first guy, i had to practically abuse him to put me through to the mcafee centre, guy said he could not find the bloke who spent 2 hours on my pc remotely and put a net checker on it, baring in mind eveything at bt is recorded so i dont believe that, then he told me i was not registered yet, that is why i could not put the checker on it;

Tried to complain hours on phone could not get through supervisor at mcafee centre said he would get complaints to ring me tomorrow, rang two days later explained to the guy what happened took about ten mins, then this bloke said he was not complaints he would put me through to complaints it will take an hour, i just hung up.

Tried to complain on net wrote the same complaint i have here the could not send it, it would not accept GB account number, came up wiith,i.e AB number i have no AB number so i just put AB 12345678, it sent ,(another BT trick to make it impossible to complain).

I had to take my pc in a shop they put it pack to factory setting to get rid of virus, and installed a checker for me.

Forgot about complaining but now BT wants to help themselves to my bank account enough is enough.

Ive spent so much time with this company cost me a fortune and on top of that ive got the stresss of them stealing from my account and there is nothing i can do to stop it

Anyone else in this position contact Ofcom and badger your M,P, to false the serious fraud squad to investigate because i believe that BT must be generating millions a year from people who dont know there getting ripped off, or its not enough money to bother with all the time stress and expense , making a futile attempted to complain. THIS MESSAGE HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED, ANOTHER BT TRICK, FAR FROM SOLVED !!!!!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Titanskull
Beginner
Message 2 of 15

This is why I never set up a direct debit with any company, It takes them 2 seconds to take your money but months to get it back. Cancel the direct debit and tell them you will pay it at the post office each month, that way you get to dispute the bill BEFORE paying it. Thats the only advice I have for you on this, sorry I couldnt be of more assistance.

Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 15

BT taking incorrect amount from my account. THIS MESSAGE HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED!.

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

I am really sorry to hear of all the problems you've had with your BT account. I'd like to look into this for you, please email in your BT account number and your forum username and I'll see what we can do to help.

If you click on my username you'll be able to get our forum moderation email address.

Thanks,

Stephanie

0 Ratings
Ripped-off
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 15

Hi, Titanskull.

Thanks for your advice, i totally agree with you i will not use direct debit anymore, especially when the company has Indian call centres.

If i could get a mobile signal i would never of dealt with BT, had trouble before, even when i got a Line installed, i rang Newcastle to get broadband , the silly-cow that worked there was arguing with me that i didnt have a BT line and i was not calling from a BT line!

I should of known then the writing was on the wall then !

Thanks again!

Ripped-Off.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 15

If you email the board mods as one of them has offered to help you they will get an answer to your problems for you

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Ripped-off
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Your so called advice, has made me put solved on my message, this is far from solved as you know, take solved off my message, Bt have conned me enough, take solved off my message!

Now i know all that solved signs on the messages are all rubbish!

Ripped -Off  

0 Ratings
reme8488
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 15

@Ripped-off wrote:

Your so called advice, has made me put solved on my message, this is far from solved as you know, take solved off my message, Bt have conned me enough, take solved off my message!

Now i know all that solved signs on the messages are all rubbish!

Ripped -Off  

Simply edit the thread title and put 'Unsolved' in it to show that the problem is ongoing.  (That's if you can still edit the original post now)

Kind regards... Tom

BT Infinity2:
0 Ratings
Ripped-off
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Got a e-mail from so called monitor,

Told me that they where not doing anything because of the option team are dealing with it ,because  i told them, they were going to ring me l Tuesday,

Yeah ring me on Tuesday last week which they never did, i had to hound them still never contacted me, spent all this time and money chasing them, now im told that i have to wait at least another week if i want someone to look at them helping themselves to my account,

Apparently Bt thinks if Bt have not contacted me Seven days ago when they were supposed to, there going to do it a week later, no talk about the damage that was done to my laptop, but on top of that not even a phone call to APOLOGISE.

This is the contempt that BT have for there customers !

My next step is to send the lot of this to my MP and if you are having trouble i suggest you do the same!

I have to  check my account i think the free- for all, has started today!

0 Ratings
daleski75
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 15

Why would BT have anything to do with your laptop?

0 Ratings
Ripped-off
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Read the original Stealing from my account,
put virus on it when they were using it remotely.

0 Ratings