cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT terrible experience. would never recommend.

Having used Sky ADSL for a good few years I never once had an issue.

My BT engineer was supposed to come between 8am & 1pm. He was a no show. Not a call nothing. So I called asking what was going on. I was told he would b coming out he was just late even though he wasn't answering his phone. So like an idiot I called work and took the second half of the day off.

So 4.30pm I rung to see what was happening and this girl tells me its unlikely he will come today. The first girl told me what I feel is a lie that has cost me an extra days pay. I am seething with anger at this deception. The engineer still isn't answering his phone. No calls no nothing from him.

Now I am left with a disconnected phone and no internet for some unseen amount of time as nobody at BT knows what's going on until an engineer who can't use a phone rings them and tells them what's happening.

I paid a years line rental upfront and got a router through the post. Will be cancelling and going back to ever reliable SKY. BT anger,disappoint and misinform their customers even before they are connected. Can you imagine what they are like if you have an issue. Being an IT professional a lot of people ask me which service is best. I will tell them to avoid BT like the plague. Now I will have no internet for weeks. Harming my daughters education, meaning I can't talk to my family abroad as often and affecting my work costing me money. That's why this post is made on my mobile phone. Now I just want my money back and they can pick up their router. I would cancel my direct debit but no online banking.

Really angry lost customer
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT terrible experience. would never recommend.

Very justified complaint.

Unfortunately the problem is with BT Openreach (who do or subcontract the install) and not BT Retail. SKY FTTC is equally dependent on Openreach. Openreach won't talk to end customers, and appear to do their level best to avoid talking to the ISPs. This makes it very difficult for the ISPs to give reliable information about when the engineer will turn up.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 10

Hi Macsbac,

Welcome to the community forum. I am sorry to hear your engineers appointment was missed. I can take a look at your order, to see what is going on. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Thanks for the offer Paddy,

I eventually got through to a lady who has some inclination of what they are doing. Apparently an engineer who was only qualified to enable my phone line but not install my fibre was assigned. However my appointment was quite clear and BT and the installing company where fully aware even when I called after my first appointment expired.what happened on the second I know believe I was just told a wrong information deliberately.

It only took 5 calls and almost 3hrs on a phone over the day to establish this. One call included a guy just leaving me on hold for over 40mins. Just put me on hold and never came back. As if I didn't waste enough of my day how's customer service could do this to a customer I find shocking.

BTs solution is to give me access to a hotspot which is of little use to me free for a month unlimited. My daughter at least can use it. Then call me in the morning with another appointment between 8am-1pm or 1pm-6pm despite me telling them I am unable to get this time off. That leaves a Saturday appointment which I think is unlikely and leaves me without internet for a week.

Why did they cut my connection to Sky when they where incapable of connecting me again. Leaving me without any service is just not good enough.

Customer service by enlarge is shocking to be told something which isn't true or be let hanging on hold for 40 mins and ignored makes my blood boil. This is the worst I have ever been treated by any company.

A quick Google shows me my experience is not a one off and clearly BT has severe problems installing new customers. Cancelling my BT contract before my service is even connected is now seaming like my only course of action leaving me without internet for some weeks. Though this now looks like the most lekely outcome for me.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

i suggest you take up Paddy's offer of help the forum mod have a good reputation of resolving problems and give you a single point of contact
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Sent the mod a message. 24 to 48 hours for a response. Contacted BT again so another different story. They disconnected my SKY internet with the full knowledge that they could not connect me for some time. They then let me wait at home for an appointment knowing it wasn't coming. When I rung and they told me the engineer was on his way they knew he wasn't coming and got me to waste another half day waiting. One of the options they gave me was a 3g dongle that I had to go & buy myself and another appointment between 8 and 1pm sometime in the future despite me telling them I can't take time off work. They won't even book an appointment until Monday. 6 days away, just to book an appointment. Contacted Sky and it will be 31 days before I can reconnect with them.

Only a monopoly company could treat customers like this and get away with it. The situation I am in now is costing me work and money. I intend to contact the citizen advice bureau tomorrow to see where I stand and raise an official complaint with trading standards. This company is incompetent to such a degree its unbelievable.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Just cancelled. Tired of beating my head against a brick wall. How could anyone deal with this company. I have been hung up on, left on hold for 40 mins and either lied to or have been in contact with staff that are so incompetent and don't know what they are doing it seams like they are lying.

They may or may not have raised an official complaint as they have apparently no official method of notifying me of such a complaint . They have no method of officially telling me what went wrong or what version of the story was true so I can goto the Citizens Advice Bureau which narrative of what happened or I can send to trading standards.

The script for BT customer services is that's terrible unfortunately there is nothing we can do.

Thanks to BT I will have no internet for a month. My only method of real complaint is through the ISP review sites.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

It's shocking isn't it.  I've posted my tale of woe on here.  BT seems to employ loads of people to say sorry, and send you a link to post your concern into the abyss.    Cancelling is probably the only logical thing to do.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

What other ISP sites are available to publise BT's awful service?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

I have started the switching back to SKY today. Heres the ironic thing SKY can get me a fibre connection now within 2 weeks or 3 days if I don't want to keep my number. I should be back online by Monday. BT can't even get me an appointment for an engineer visit until then. Then they keep insisting I accept an appointment that I have told them repeatedly I can't make. Even tomorrow I am waiting for a call from SKY telling me BT still haven't cancelled. They should change their name to British Excuses as they clearly know nothing about communication. I have a lot of followers on twitter and often recommend service to a lot of local people. I can't help but tell people BT have worse customer service than talk talk. Even now I can't fathom the incompetence or downright deceptive way I was treated. You can't even raise an official complaint and get notified that you have raised one. The monopoly position of BT means they don't need to care about customers. I asked everyone in our office at work about their experiences with BT, not one had anything positive to say about them. All had problems getting connected. Clearly this company has major issues and they just don't care that they strand people without what is now a vital service. I am shocked a company like BT can treat its customers like this.
0 Ratings