cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gcmason
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT text - problems sending texts and BT customer service cannot help.

Got new text enabled phone a month ago.

Managed to send a text and activate BT text service, but ever since have not managed to send any texts.

Can receive texts OK.

Have used online chat but that BT help was no good.  They did however call me instead, only to be no help either.  Spoke to three different BT departments.  Last one said they would fix problem and would be up and running within 24 hours.  Seems that was just an excuse to get the call ended.

Is there anyone out there who can tell me how to manually check my settings etc to be able to send texts.

Also, does anyone know where to check what my monthly text allowance is.  I was told I would have a free allowance when I renewed my contract recently, but can find nowhere in my account/my service to tell me what that allowance is.

Any help gratefully received.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Moderator-Retired
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT text - problems sending texts and BT customer service cannot help.

Hi gcmason,

Sorry you are having problems, there are a couple of things you can check.  Have a look here and here.

If you are still having problems could you drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Your allowance depends on your calling plan:

•   Unlimited Evening and Weekend Plan  customers receive 100 inclusive texts each calendar month.
  •   Unlimited Anytime Plan customers receive 200 inclusive texts each calendar month.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings