cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 11 of 17

Re: BT the extortionist!!

Until I have settled my final bill and my complaint resolved I am a customer and spamming. Is entirely different to my replies to users wanting to know ho,e much the cancellation charges are... funny how the links to bt's cancellation costs have been removed. I will be taking my own case forward if I do ot get written apology and compensation.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 17

Pay no attention to the spam comment, your experience with BT should be heard, you were indeed a BT customer therefore you have every right to voice your opinion of your experience with this company.

However, I don't want this thread to be a fight between the two of you it should be on topic, I hope your case goes ok and definitely go for compensation for the stress caused.

Good luck.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 17

I suggest you read the forum guide lines  section 6.3  at this link 

http://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/BTCare-Community-Forums-Terms-of-Use/td-p/3

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 17

BT Extortionist's #2

Ive been fighting since the beginning of December over my account.  My phone/Broadband package ran out last October freephone anytime, unlimited broadband for £27.  November I was out of contract and I paid £35 for the same package in which was my mistake as I thought it was November when it ran out.  I rang for a mac code so I could search the net to see if I could find something cheaper.  There was very little difference, so thought about my useage.  I rarely use the phone so decided to go for the option 2 package free evenings and weekends and broadband.  I rang BT to arrange this and the foreign person I was speaking to spoke to her superviser and told me I could have my previous package at an even more reduced rate of £21!  Wow, fantastic!  So I thought.  On a morning beginning of January my internet and phone was disconnected unless I paid £66!  I couldnt get in touch to dispute this as the phone was dead.  The very same morning a letter arrived saying the same. Reluctantly I paid the £66 to get the ball rolling so to speak.  I couldnt get anyone to justify what the £66 was for as the forein person couldnt understand and I was having great difficulty understanding them! I'm assuming that it was Dec missed payment of £21! What I did find was that the DD at my bank had been cancelled not by me or my bank in December so it had to have been the first BT caller that offered me my previous original package! Last month I rang to get the package that I wanted "Evening and weekends free and broad band option 2" for £26.40 first payment back end of February. Surprise surprise BT stole £49 from my bank account without anything in writing to let me know!  I have been on the phone for an hour or so to try and get this mess sorted out.  I spoke to a foreigner and couldnt understand what he was on about so asked to speak to a superviser.  I spoke to the superviser who spoke perfect English only for him to pass me over to one of his colleagues who once again was a foreign speaking person *sighs* She told me that my account was £97 in arrears!!!  What for is beyond me!  I complained that BT had stolen from my account £49 with a numerous "pardon's, what did you say?" She is now sending me a cheque for the £49 in the next 14 days, I wont hold my breath!  Since November-February of this year, I have paid £150.91 to BT for their incompetence for not giving me the package that I wanted in the first place which would have been £28 x 3 = £84 Dec,Jan and Feb.  We are very low users of the phone and the odd occasion (I can count on one hand)  we do make a phone call, it is very brief and use it once or twice per week in the evenings.  I think, and stress I think, that I have entered into yet again another contract for £24.85 per month. Funny how BT can break the contracts so easily but the customer who is dissatisfied cant!  I told the foreign lady that I want it all in writing for my records.  Oh and I was told I had opted for paperless bills in which I didn't!  This hassle has all been caused from the original call back in December and at the cost of ME!  This is down right extortion and people other than the customer should be held to account.  Other than disconnecting peoples internet and phone, perhaps BT should look into the customers records and listen to their phone calls!  I paid a lot of money when I first came to BT to get a new line installed and was paying way over the top for "calls that I might make!"  I thought I was being loyal staying with BT when my contract ran out, obviously not and I can't wait to get away from them, the quicker the better!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 17

Re: BT Extortionist's #2

Hi Welcome to the forum 

I suggest you contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you resolve this problem for you 

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 17

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 17

@jwm - ring sales or cancellations and you will speak to an English speaking customer service agent not following a script.  When you get through ask for an investigation into the phone call that you were told you could have the original package at £21, if they come back and tell you that was the package you asked for then you have two choices, you may cancel on the grounds that your verbal contract was for a service they haven't provided or you can continue to be a BT customer at £21.

The good thing about them taking £49 from you without first informing you in writing before hand is they are in breech of the direct debit guarantee, contact your bank who should give you a refund and chase BT for the money under the direct debit guarantee.

I would also send a data protection access request with a cheque or postal order for £10, this should give you access to all information they have on you, which includes every recorded telephone call, make sure your request is for ALL data.

Go through this information with a fine tooth comb especially the telephone calls and you will more than likely find what you need to cancel your contract without charge as BT customer service make several mistakes.

I myself am getting somewhere with BT, my ex wife is now safely out of her contract without charge after following this advice and is no longer a BT customer despite only being with them for 2 month, sadly mine will take longer because I'm not going away until I've had my day in court, I can't wait until the day I am free from BT... But I can't wait for court either, keep fighting eventually you will speak to somebody who realises that what you are trying to say is right and BT are wrong.

Good luck.
0 Ratings