cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 21 of 54

Re: BT to give free access to its sport channel

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=34210. See here

BTLife | 1967 Plus Radio | 1000 Classical Hits
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Helpful Post?
If a post has been helpful, say thanks by clicking the ratings star.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 54

I've just heard about this free BT Sports on DTT for BT Broadband users. A couple of thoughts;

1) How is this actually going to work in practice? Will they give you a TV box to watch it on? If not, how will you decrypt the channels?

2) If BT Sports is replacing Sky Sports on DTT then unless the quality is fantastic there will be a lot of people moving to sky anyway to get their Sky Sports back.

Personally I hope this works as it is about time for a big shake up in sports broadcasting and free sports for BB customers is an inspired idea.

Just wish BT had a few more premier league games

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 54

@Slay wrote:

I've just heard about this free BT Sports on DTT for BT Broadband users. A couple of thoughts;

1) How is this actually going to work in practice? Will they give you a TV box to watch it on? If not, how will you decrypt the channels?

2) If BT Sports is replacing Sky Sports on DTT then unless the quality is fantastic there will be a lot of people moving to sky anyway to get their Sky Sports back.

Personally I hope this works as it is about time for a big shake up in sports broadcasting and free sports for BB customers is an inspired idea.

Just wish BT had a few more premier league games

I think you will either have to have a BTV box with a card or possibly they could go down the CAM in the TV route as TOP-Up TV currently does. I understand that You View boxes don't have card slots, so it will be interesting to see how that will work. The DTT channels will not be viewable without something to encypt the signal, otherwise BT will not be able to restrict access to its broadband customers.

I welcome being able to get BT Sport on DTT with my broadband contract, but the loss of Sky Sports for people like me who live in non-infinity area and with no prospect of getting it for a number of years creates a real issue. I don't want to l miss out on access to Ashes cricket (it looks like it will be switched off in mid-series!!) nor on European rugby from next season. I have always vowed never to sign-up with Sky directly, but I may have to re-visit this.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 24 of 54

So if I have BT Vision unlimited (without the extra channels), and BT Infinity, does that mean BT Sport 1 and 2 is completely free?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 25 of 54

Just seen an earlier thread and it appears it will be accessible as I have said, ie via a Box or a CAM card.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 26 of 54

@Duty281 wrote:

So if I have BT Vision unlimited (without the extra channels), and BT Infinity, does that mean BT Sport 1 and 2 is completely free?

Yep. And it is even better than that. Any tom, **bleep** or harry with a non-sub sky box can just get BT broadband and will then get the channels free through the sky box, and you can also watch it through the BT app, like the sky go app.

This is an incredible move by BT.

They have effectively made their sports channels free to everyone because pretty much everyone has a landline and broadband.

Sky are going to get hundreds of thousands of calls from customers cancelling their broadband and moving to BT. Which is exactly what BT want.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 54

Just had a look at signing up with a vision box and it definately says you need to be on infinity for bt sport

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 28 of 54

Thanks Slay. An incredible gutsy move as well, sounds too good to be true.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 54

Fletch, that's only if you're in a Infinity enabled area. If not BT will give you a vision box and give you access to BT sports 1 & 2 via DTT
0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 30 of 54

Well I might keep my broadband with BT but as I'm in an Infinity Accepting Orders area but can't get it will probably move my television to Sky

0 Ratings