Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 4

BT to upgrade ALL exchanges to 21CN by Spring 2014

Hi guys,

Bit of an odd topic (I've not posted a news reference before but this forum is for questions about connection speed ;)).

People might want to take a look at the following news article at ThinkBroadband regarding BT Wholesale withdrawing 20CN IPSteam products by Spring 2014 and having them replaced with the new 21CN products. Quite good news for people like me who haven't/won't get a 21CN MSAN popped into our exchange for a very long time if this wasn't happening.

Here is the link: http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/4712-bt-to-withdraw-ipstream-products-by-spring-2014.html

My question (To make it valid for this room of the Forum ;)): If BT Wholesale are withdrawing 20CN IPSteam products, will those on them be forced to renew their contract or will they be switched over anyway?

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
3 REPLIES 3
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT to upgrade ALL exchanges to 21CN by Spring 2014

Yey good News, however I might be the only person to benefit on the exchange I'm on Smiley Wink, since Sky & TT unbundled the people left hard wired have gone mad for them!  TT have stopped taking orders twice in 9 months due to over subscriptionSmiley Indifferent.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

IPStream services are only being withdrawn within the 21CN WBC footprint. This means that exchanges that haven't been upgraded with 21CN will continue to receive IPStream services into 2014 and beyond and beyond.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
chris6273
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Oh dear 😞

Grrr, I thought this was too good to be true!

Like this post? Give it a Star :D. If this post answers your question, please Mark it as the Accepted Solution.
0 Ratings