Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT totally refuses to give help.

No I don't, as I wouldn't use the postal service if I were for any reason posting a letter next door, it would be less effort for me to post it through the door than for me to have to walk or drive to the nearest post office or post box, as for one thing I would have to walk past the door that the letter would need to end up in.  Not a go at anyone.  The differance between the postal service and ISP's is that the postal services, more often than not live up to their promise to deliver your letter in the stated timeperiod for the price of the stamp, whereas ISP's are always looking for someone eles to blame.  Yet they are not prepared to do anything to pressure proper improvment to excisting equripment.  If on a office network there is a problem with speed then there are network boosters that can be used.  Also networks are planed so that insted of going the longest route from a-b the shortest posible route is used.  Unlike here where we have three exchanges that feed landlines to the village, but in BT's wisdom they have uased the exchange the farthest away.  Makes sence.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 20

you took the letter example too literally it was the analogy that counted

maybe the exchange BT used has more space to accomodate the number of line required

as I said OFCOM are looking into cost and distance from the exchange and until then nothing will happen

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 20

In the mean time I think I shall hae to wait to see what happens after the migration tomorrow and after the ten day training epriod has finished.  You never know I might be surprised, but I wont hold my breath for that either.  Thanks any way.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 20

Hi it is also worth remembering that your exchange may be upgraded but the upgrading of lines after that are done in batches and can take from a few days to a few months after that before you get your upgrade
0 Ratings
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 20

Had an email from BT to say that it would be finished by 6pm on the 29th the day that they are doing the migration.  Also today been told by a Mr David Steel from BT that BT would be no longer giving me any support for my broadband service in the future.  Is this a breach of contract as part of the paid for package is support of that package.  Come on you legal begal's.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 20

only another 24hrs to wait to see if any change

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 20

Thank you for the count down imjolly,  Can't wait to get the same as I am already getting, going on BT's performance up till now.  I will let you all know how things have or havn't improved during and after the training period.  I would have over the past thirteen months have used less energy training for the London marathon or 2012 Olympics. ha ha ha ha.

0 Ratings
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 20

Re: BT totally refuses to give help. Additional.

Update on the after migration speed during the tten day training period.  I am pkeased to inform you all, that as I expected the speed has got slower.  Been told that I should expect a minimum sync speed of 2271Kbps at the end of the training period and only if it is below this to phone the help desk.  bt.com check my speed before purchase, not yet updated for the exchange, as it still gives the same information as for when I was on ADSL1.  I take it that the webmaster is as slow as the broadband that BTOpenreach supply to it's ISP's, for them to supply to their customers.  Here's a thought, how about BTOpenreach having a month when they open up a temp call centre to speak to their customer's customer's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I bet the phone system would overload and burn out.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 20

Hi Diean could you please post your full hub stats and a bt speed-test then someone maybe able to advise you further
0 Ratings
Diean
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 20

"john46" I do believe that this post was not to do with speed but with the fact that BT has said at all levels that they will not give me any more support in the future.  I was trying to find out in this could be a breech of contract as part of their t&c is to give support for their product.

0 Ratings