cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 51 of 53

Re: BT web hosting closing - bye bye BT

thanks DS I have not received any notification of a price increases yet surprise surprise my prices are going up.  Only by 75p but I have immediately issued notice that I want to move my landline and broadband from BT without penalty.

As for this forum I have only had a quick look at it but it does look to be tainted with BT employees (some openly so who edit out posts offering alternatives to BT, and some who pretend to be only members of the public). All of them seem to seek 'stars';  I assume BT promotes those who get a lot of stars. 

Actually DS I'm surprised your post hasn't been edited and I half expect mine to be.  For people who don't like their posts censored or rude comments paid for from you BT billls I recommend forums.moneysavingexpert.com instead. Lost of BT discussion there.

I don't intend to use BT for anything for the remainder of my life. My work is fixing computers and I will be actively recommending my customers do the same.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 52 of 53

@dbdb wrote:

pottyperson I'm just curiously looking thorough your previous posts on various subjects.  Are you an employee of BT?

No, I'm am now employee of nobody and never BT. Just an old geezer who tries to take a broad view and pay attention to details, with the time to offer advice to others if possible. Sometimes it's helpful, sometimes not, but hopefully always objective and never gratuitously biased either for or against BT. Sometimes it irks people who find that facts interfere with their rant and questions their criticism of BT, but that's life innit?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 53 of 53

@dbdb wrote:

thanks DS I have not received any notification of a price increases yet surprise surprise my prices are going up.  Only by 75p but I have immediately issued notice that I want to move my landline and broadband from BT without penalty.

My pleasure:)

As for this forum I have only had a quick look at it but it does look to be tainted with BT employees (some openly so who edit out posts offering alternatives to BT, and some who pretend to be only members of the public). All of them seem to seek 'stars';  I assume BT promotes those who get a lot of stars. 

Just to clear this up a little. Official BT staff will have 'mod' or 'admin', there are some employees without these tags whom do post, there are also some retired BT employees too. The rest are customers (like me).

Actually DS I'm surprised your post hasn't been edited and I half expect mine to be.  For people who don't like their posts censored or rude comments paid for from you BT billls I recommend forums.moneysavingexpert.com instead. Lost of BT discussion there.

I've had many posts edited out or even deleted - also had many a rollocking too. It doesn't bother me tbh. I post what I like, when I like and if it gets tweaked or removed, then so bit it. The main reasons would be discussing rivals of BT or if posts get heated and thus go out of control.

I don't intend to use BT for anything for the remainder of my life. My work is fixing computers and I will be actively recommending my customers do the same.

That's a fair comment, we don't have to use BT and we're all entitled to our own opinions:)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings