Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
seasider40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT website is a maze!

Why cannot BT have a simple website listing giving email and phone numbers for each specific department. Also I am sick and tired of getting emails you cannot reply to so you have to search out the email contact method all over again. And while I love India as a country I do not wish to talk to someone in India about a problem with a British company.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
RobertM
Contributor
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT website is a maze!

For broadband I would use 0800 111 4567 and for anything else 150.

Both numbers are free.

These days direct numbers for individual departments are a rare thing at most big companies.

Robert

Peterborough

0 Ratings
seasider40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks Robert. Would like someone from BT to try and defend its current website though. Just can't wait until BB contract ends and I can move to another company Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
RobertM
Contributor
Message 4 of 8

Funny enough I have just moved back and without exception I have found everybody I have dealt with helpful and able to answer my questions and sort a couple of problems I had. Whether they have been in India or in the case of an engineer standing here in the office.

With every company you will come across the good and the bad, regarding the BT web site, it is like many others in that you either like it or it annoys the **bleep** out of you. Yes it could be easier to navigate and find basic information, but so could many others.

Robert

Peterborough

0 Ratings
seasider40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Actually have no complaint about BT when I finally get through to them - but I do not like searching for the phone number of a telephone company. Also if I am in email correspondence with someone at BT I want to be able to email them back - otherwise it gets boring going through the contact form - if I can find it again. I am also not impressed how BT only offers a lower line rental rate only if you pay a year in advance or how they changed the free calls in packages to 7pm to 7am. Little things I know but they all add up for me.

0 Ratings
RobertM
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

In my experience the main competitors are no different.

I was with BT broadband anywhere before departing for a year with O2, who to hear people talk they were the gods of customer service, when in reality they were no different to BT. There are the same problems trying to understand a strong Geordie accent as there are the various Indian ones. They went overboard when they did anything and sent me 4 padded bags to return my router in and talk about picky they wanted the router, PSU and of all things the Ethernet cable.

I will no doubt give infinity a go when it's available here at the end of the year, that will perhaps be an adventure, but it would be boring if there were never any problems.

Robert

Peterborough

0 Ratings
seasider40
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 8

In the end it comes to value for money for me. I don't think BT BB & landline is worth £10 per month more than o2 can provide - but like any move - joining o2 does carry a risk

0 Ratings
RobertM
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

O2 now supply the version 4 of their router on the top package, I had the version 3 and that had an annoying warm restart problem which they seemed unable to cure.

The wireless on the Hub is certainly better than on the O2 box.

O2 now also do traffic management on all their LLU packages which they did not when I joined. It would I think take something really special to get me to move supplier again certainly when I have infinity which I have high hopes for.

What ever you decide I hope it works out and that you feel the move was worth it.

Robert

Peterborough

0 Ratings