Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 25

BT wifi App

I have installed the BT wifi app on my Ipad

When I input my username and password, I then get asked to opt in.

However I am already opted in.

everytime I open the app this happens again.

I have been with BT for several years but upgraded to infinity 2 a few months ago.

I used bt wifi before upgrading to infinity with no problems.

can anyone please help me

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: BT wifi App

are you connecting to BTWIFI or BTWIFI-X - the latter is for iphone/ipad and need you to instal a profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Thank you I was trying to connect to BT WiFi - fon. because a password was required for BT Wifi - X

How do I install a profile?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 25

if you try and connect to BTWIF-x - it is logon as BTWIFI - and you will then get chance to download profile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 25

When I try to get online using btwifi-x , I am asked for a password ?
0 Ratings
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 25

I have a profile for Btwifi on my iPad. Does it need to be updated now that I have upgraded to infinity and been supplied with a new home hub?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 25

should be ok just sign in should be the same

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 25

When I click on the btwifi app, I am asked for my user name and password. When I enter my username (bt Internet email address) and password, I am then asked to opt in ( even though I am already opted in. I can't get online through BT Wifi. ( con or X)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 25

Your BTWifi log on needs to be the same as your MyBT BTID log on and password which should be the same as your email address and password.

0 Ratings
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 25

I do not generally use my bt Internet email address, I use a gmail internet address. I also use my gmail Internet address to log on to my bt. However, I understood that I needed to use my BT Internet address for BT WiFi. It matters little though because either e- mail address gives the same response when logging onto the BT wifi app. i.e. I am asked to opt in, even though I am already opted in. ( however If I do try to opt in again, only my btinternet address is recognised)
0 Ratings