cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: BT wifi with fon not working! Nor is BT open zone or any of the free wifi spots.

I've tried removing the app completely, formatting my phone and resetting it all. And because it doesn't work with other people's phones either I know it's not just my phone. I guess I'll just have to accept it doesn't work at the moment i will be following it up with BT after coming in the forum though. See what they have to say. Thank you for your help! 🙂
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 12 of 14

Re: BT wifi with fon not working! Nor is BT open zone or any of the free wifi spots.

I think you are missing my point.  The fact is that BT customers are under no obligation to supply you or anyone else free internet access.  BT run and manage paid for hotspots, now, if you were paying a separate monthly fee to use those access points then you would have grounds for complaint.  As it stands you have none.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

As has already been pointed out to you. BTWifi is a signal that is broadcast by BT broadband customers' Homehubs and not by BT. The customer is under no obligation to broadcast this signal nor maintain or use the Homehub so that the signal is broadcast. BT can not do anything if a BT customer's Homehub is not broadcasting the signal or if the customer decides to switch off the Homehub or use another router.

There are paid for BTWifi hotspots which are maintained by BT and as a BT broadbad customer you get free access to them.

If it was one of those hotspots that you wanted to connect to and it did not work you could report that to BT and they would be able to do something about it.

BT will do nothing to assist you, other than check your password is correct,  if you can not connect to BTWifi home users hotspots.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11049/related/1

You could try logging onto BTWifi via a web browser rather than using the app incase it is a problem with the app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

My bt wifi with fon is not working why
0 Ratings