cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT wifi

My new smartphone has connected me immediately to BTwi-fi. I didn't have to put in any username or password to show that I have a BT home broadband package( I do). Does the smartphone "know" this?(I am with o2). If not, is it not free? Does my data usage then come off my data allowance, and wi-fi is then just a convenience? Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT wifi

It will connect, but you will not be able to browse the Internet without logging in on the BT Wifi home page, with your BT Broadband details.

If you use the BT Wifi app, then this login process can be automated.

It does not count against your home broadband usage, as long as you are connected to BT wifi.

Message 3 of 8

Thanks v much. I actually meant, though would the wi-fi usage come off my mobiile allowance?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

it doesn't count for your mobile allowance which is for your mobile connection on probably 3g (H) when wifi is not available.  you ned to make sure you are logged into BTWIF with internet access as Keith has said

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 8

If you need to keep an eye on your data usage, it's best to keep 3G switched off until you want to connect to the internet without wifi. That will also extend the time between battery charges, as will keeping wifi switched off until you want it.

Of course that's only of use to those who can live without a permanent connection to Farcebook and Twatter.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 6 of 8

@pottyperson wrote:

If you need to keep an eye on your data usage, it's best to keep 3G switched off until you want to connect to the internet without wifi. That will also extend the time between battery charges, as will keeping wifi switched off until you want it.

Of course that's only of use to those who can live without a permanent connection to Farcebook and Twatter.

Is this this week's howler, or has your spell checker failed??

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 8

@Ribblelancs wrote:

Is this this week's howler, or has your spell checker failed??

Freudian slip.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Ta ver y much for your help.

0 Ratings