Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

BT will not switch on my AMC + AMC HD channels

Go to solution

What do I have to do to get someone at BT to get off their backsides and switch on my AMC channels?

I joined BT almost four weeks ago after having the misfortune of being a Talktalk customer for three years! Smiley Sad

I chose the Entertainment Max package when I signed up but for some reason the  AMC and AMC HD channels were not switched on along with all the other channels. It seems nobody at BT has the technical knowledge to do this simple task.

I am absolutely sick to my teeth of being put on hold for literally hours at a time trying to get this matter resolved. 

I suspect BT are in violation of their contract with me. Could anyone advise me of my rights to cancel my TV package due to BT not honouring my contract?

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
ruth554422
Expert
Message 2 of 23

Re: BT will not switch on my AMC + AMC HD channels

Go to solution
Have you tried to place the order yourself in my BT? When you log in click on TV then upgrade TV then manage then place your own order are you on adsl or Infinity. If you are on adsl you will only be able to get the amc channel in sd. Hd channels are for Infinity customers only.
0 Ratings
zob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

I am already on infinity 1 and have the entertainment max package, so I should already be eligible for the AMC channels, but for some reason, I cannot activate the AMC channels via the youview guide. Keep getting a message on screen saying "this channel is not available with your current BT TV subscription". 

BT customer services are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. I have honestly spent literally hours on hold trying to get it sorted. I eventually get so frustrated, I end up hanging up the call.

I thought Talktalk customer services were bad, but this mob at BT are an utter disgrace!

Quite sad really, I have only been with BT for three weeks and I am already thinking of leaving when my contract ends!Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
zob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

p.s. Thanks for your suggestion Ruth......

but I'm loathed to try that in case it caused any more hassle with dual subscriptions etc.....

In any case, I really shouldn't be put in that position, if BT customer services were doing their job properly.

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

So how was your originalTV order made .. by you online or via BT sales on the phone.

I'm surprised that you have the Entertainment Max package as I thought that Bt only supplied that to existing customers so it would not normally be available to new customers. I wonder whether that abnomally might be the cause of the issue you are experiencing.

BT have regarded AMC as a bonus channel rather than a constituent channel of a specific TV pack -  so seems to have to be ordered (albeit as an item at no charge) . In many instances this seems to be included auromatically with a customer initial order but in some cases may need to be added seperately. From your experience you report you don't have the channel  and when you contact support they appear to be saying you do not have the subscription for the AMC channel. It ought to be straightforward for you or BT customer options to add the AMC channel subscription . (The HD Extra bolton gives HD versions where available of the Extra channels that you are subscribed to in SD - so at the moment you don't have AMC HD because you don't have the Sd version subscription)

0 Ratings
zob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution

My original order was made online. The Entertainment Max package was offered to me and I decided to take up the BT offer. Hardly my fault if this package was not supposed to be available to me!   BT's fault, not mine!

I also distinctly remember ticking the box to get the AMC and AMC HD channels.

I also ordered a re-number at the same time to get my old BT number back from a few years back. This had the effect of delaying my caller display service being activated. I'm wondering if this could be the reason for the AMC channels not being set up?

At the end of the day, it's still really bad customer service from BT that they cannot sort this matter out. 

0 Ratings
ruth554422
Expert
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution
It's not possible to order it twice or be charged for any service twice
0 Ratings
zob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

From where I am sitting, it appears it's not possible to order AMC once, never mind twice!Smiley Sad

I did what you suggested and tried to order the entertainment package again.....and I am now getting a message saying that I do not have a broadband connection on my line!   Smiley Frustrated

Quite honestly, I'm fed up with all this hassle to get ONE CHANNEL ........I think I'll just live without the AMC channel.....It's not worth all this grief!

I'll just keep the crappy youview box for a year and then hand it back!

Thanks for all your help anyway!Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

@zob37 wrote:

I'll just keep the crappy youview box for a year and then hand it back!

Once you've completed your 12 month contract the box is yours to keep forever, no need to hand it back. 

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

@zob37 Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile to send in your details and we'll be able to help you get AMC added to your subscription. You can find the link by clicking on my username .

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings