Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: BT will not switch on my AMC + AMC HD channels

Go to solution

Hello Neil, I have sent you a private message regarding this.

Cheers!

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

@zob37 sorry I can't help via private message, I've replied to your PM with instructions on how you can contact us via the 'contact the mods' link.

0 Ratings
zob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

Sorry for all the messing about Neil. I have eventually located the 'contact the mods' link. Your board seem to be playing up, because the link was definately not there and has now suddenly appeared!

I have now sent you all the required details. Thanks for being so patient!

0 Ratings
zob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

Oops!....Think I've made a big boob!Smiley Embarassed

It's not the "entertainment max" package I am on , its the "total entertainment" package.

BUT....having said that....I believe I am still entitled to the AMC channels  on the "total entetainment" package.

Why will BT not activate the AMC channels on my  package?   Surely it's just a matter of flicking a button at their end???

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

@zob37 wrote:

Oops!....Think I've made a big boob!Smiley Embarassed

It's not the "entertainment max" package I am on , its the "total entertainment" package.

BUT....having said that....I believe I am still entitled to the AMC channels  on the "total entetainment" package.

Why will BT not activate the AMC channels on my  package?   Surely it's just a matter of flicking a button at their end???

It's not deliberate but it is annoying. When I upgraded to Total Entertainment my sport and AMC channels stopped working! 

It's all down to the very old, flaky provisioning system BT uses, which doesn't always activate the channels it should. 

As I understand it, there is no button frontline staff can press - a decent ordeing system would halve the number of complaints on these boards and to Ofcom. 

0 Ratings
zob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for your reply Marty.

I'm afraid I am getting absolutely sick to my back teeth of this disgraceful BT Customer Service.

I CANNOT get anyone at BT to respond to my problem. Every time I phone, I am put into a queuing system which nobody ever answers. There is NO way to speak to someone online as the system eventually directs you back to calling a telephone number.

Even after requesting a call back, I was put back into a queueing system which nobody answered.

I am now going to submit a formal complaint to OFCOM. If that doesn't work, I will cancel my direct debit and withhold my payment to BT until someone gets off their backside and resolves the matter, with all the repercussions and hassle that is going to cause. 

As I have already stated earlier, I have only been with BT for three weeks and I have already decided to move to another provider when my contract comes to an end.

....A pretty damning endictment of BT and its services.  Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

I believe the moderators (BT employess) hasve offered assistance and you have supplied details to them and effectively will be on their queue for investigation and action.

Given that you have the Total Entertainment package and have no difficulty in receiving other IPTV channels the resoltion will be that you will receive the AMC SD and HD channels. It is unclear as to whether the issue has arisen is due to a problem that occured at the order stage or act the provision/activation stage. I suggest awaitng the moderators response.

0 Ratings
zob37
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

OK Thanks for that!

It's just that it's getting a bit frustrating getting passed from pillar to post constantly.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

and defiinitely don't cancel your direct debit as that would make matters a lot worse for you...!

0 Ratings
4KMarty
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

@Telecom89 wrote:

and defiinitely don't cancel your direct debit as that would make matters a lot worse for you...!

Agree. This would be a very self-defeating move. 

0 Ratings