Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
matty2
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT working wirelessly but not via wired connection

Hello,

I own a BT home hub 3. I have numerous devices connected via wireless connection and all working fine however my PC which is connected via etherenet is not working. 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT working wirelessly but not via wired connection

Phone customer services and ask for a replacement to the hh2. It is old now and has known faults

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/hardware/hh2/hh2_issues.html

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
matty2
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

my friends home hub 3 works though and it works on his home wired network therefore it is not the router. I may also add it is not the wireless that is the problem as per previous post but it is the wired connection that is causing the problem. 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Make sure your driver for network card is it to date from manufacturers website nod don't rely on windows update

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
matty2
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

thanks for your reply but I have installed the most recent driver and it is also not working on other PCs/laptops therefore it is not the computer

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

If you cannot get Ethernet to work on your hh3 with pc but PCs works when using another hub connecting Ethernet then that suggests a hub fault

Maybe would help if you said all you have tried

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Have you tried a different Ethernet cable?

0 Ratings