cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GDM
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT yahoo and IPAD 2 login problems

I cannot log in to my BT Yahoo account from my Ipad. Using a desktop I have no problems but IPAD will not login. Has anyone experiencing this problem? Internet connection is fine, google search is working and I can log in to yahoo uk but not BT Yahoo.

Gary
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT yahoo and IPAD 2 login problems

no problems here with the Ipad there is no reason for it not to work
0 Ratings
CDW
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Hi
I've a similar issue with my iPad 1. My BT Yahoo home page works fine whe I login from my desktop (iMac), however for the last 3 days I only get a blank screen when I login on the iPad.
Has anyone any ideas on what has gone wrong?
0 Ratings
bpf
Message 4 of 7

Simple - Do not use the old BT Yahoo sign in for your access to your user.name @btinternet.com address on the IPAD.

Although (at this date) the old BT Yahoo sign on can be used on your pc (laptop or desktop) it cannot be used on your IPAD - you end up with a blank screen with no explanation.

Use the http://home.bt.com/ (BT.COM) home page - click email (right hand side) and you will get a new sign on page.

Its looks like it has all to do with the BT migration of its BT Yahoo email to BT.com email and there has been no consideration for IPAD users.

Hope this helps.  I am not generally a forum user however after 2 days waste on finding a solution on the IPAD it then took me ages on a BT Online Chat facility to come up with an answer and I would not wish this on anyone.

Hope this helps

0 Ratings
CDW
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Hi bpf,

Thanks - I did wonder if that might be the case but it would have helped if BT had put this info on the on the BT.com.  

I can't say I like the new home page page.  Being able to select content was a great feature, hopefully BT will add this back soon.

CDW

0 Ratings
GDM
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Thanks bpf, I was beginning to think it was it was my Ipad, but checking my son's his was the same. I to spoke to BT who told me that they are "working" on the problem, although I'm not sure they really understood my problem. This is poor service from such a company, how on earth did they push the relevant changes through and not test tablet users.
0 Ratings
jayed2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

My emails are coming down on my iPad but when I try and send a message it says incorrect id/password
I changed the settings to btinternet as bt asked. What is going on it was fine yesterday
0 Ratings