cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT, you are a p**s poor company!

Had BT broadband for roughly 3 years now, I'm on my 4th hub (p**s poor equipment) and have just been suckered into signing an 18 month contract for infinity.

Was getting 11meg on adsl, promised 50meg on infinity, getting 22meg at best.

Engineer's been out, tested all my lines/cables etc, tested at the cabinet and then the exchange. Did some "tweaks" at the cabinet.

No change.

BT guy phoned me and tells me "That's it pal, you won't be getting any better than 22meg on your line. Make a complaint to customer services"

I'm 1200 meters from the cabinet. I can buy a 10/100 ethernet network extender that will send my signal upto a kilometer with a cat5 cable for £230.

If BT would let me I'd gladly buy any new cabling that I need and fit it myself. Can't see that happening though.

BT, don't promise what you can't deliver!

Mr P*****d Off,

Selby

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT, you are a p**s poor company!

Hey I'm from Selby too but I'm getting 60meg+. 1200 is a long way from the cabinet and i think infinity speeds are effect a lot more by length from cabinet than ADSL is effect by length to the exchange. this link shows that at 1200 meters your speed is about right and the estimate was never going to happen http://www.thinkbroadband.com/guide/fibre-broadband.html

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

at 1200m from the RDSLAM 22mbps is about right. As you are unhappy with it I would recommend you cancel the service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 4 of 5

Where are you getting this 1200M from?

Because there is not a chance you were getting 11Mbps on ADSL with that distance, I believe he might talking about to the exchange.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 5

@ryant704

He probably was mate, I have seen a lot of examples of people getting not much more on FTTC that they were on ADSL due to he PCP location as it is closer to the exchange.

I know of of one Exchange that has a RDSLAM literally 15m outside the Exchange front door and know properties connected to it that stretch upto a mile away.

0 Ratings