cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sage
Message 11 of 28

Re: BT

There's a list of opther fibre suppliers here including the prices.

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 28

Which will still be installed in your home by OPENREACH and also maintained by them

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Sage
Message 13 of 28

@john46 wrote:
Which will still be installed in your home by OPENREACH and also maintained by them

I didn't want to rub it in!Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 28

Hi Dean,

Thanks for the kind offer of help but I'm not sure if there is anything you could do?

The rescheduled installation date is this Friday 19th so I am having to take yet another day off work.

This means apart from the financial hit I will have lost two days work this week which puts my project behind schedule resulting in an additional return journey to Wales and back and being forced to work over the weekend at no extra cost to my customer 😞

The promised email from India detailing BT's own record of the appointment did not arrive as promised either...just hope the Engineer turns up as arranged and leaves me with a working connection.

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 15 of 28

GlynH,
Is there anyone you could ask to be at your home as your standin on the 19th,as the OR guys will not do the install unless the person ordering the install or a named standin is there to let them in.
They also usually leave a message on your phone when they are due to arrive.
Imo you should follow up on Dean`s offer as he might be able to chase them up to ensure that the install is on for the 19th.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 28

Hi ironman123,

Based upon a lifetimes experience of installers such as BT, Sky, etc. there is no way I would let an engineer into my house/office/caravan/garage/tent/garden shed unless I was there in person!

In any case (as is usual with me:)) things may not be straightforward as I wish to wall mount the vDSL modem adjacent to my PBX alongside some other gear and I want to use my existing DrayTek Vigor 2820Vn instead of the HH3 etc. etc.

I might have asked Dean to follow up but as they are due tomorrow it might be too short notice now?

Thanks & kind regards,
=-Glyn=-

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 28

OK...I have just checked on the BT Order Tracking webpage using both VOL Number/postcode & Order Number/postcode but it is still showing as 'Order not found'

I have filled in the webform that Dean and ironman123 have referred to so lets see if we can take it from there if there is enough time as tomorrow is supposed to be the day (again)

Thanks & kind regards,

-=Glyn=-

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 28

Have fingers crossed  and will be anxiously looking forward to reading how it goes tomorrow.

Good Luck

--------------------------------------------//--------------------------------------------
Please Click On any Text in Blue as that automatically links to information.

PC (NDEGR)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 19 of 28

GlynH wrote:
"In any case (as is usual with me) things may not be straightforward as I wish to wall mount the vDSL modem adjacent to my PBX alongside some other gear and I want to use my existing DrayTek Vigor 2820Vn instead of the HH3 etc. etc."

Glyn,
When my install was done,I wanted them to install using my belkin router instead of the HH3,but the installer said that he had to do it using the OR modem and HH3.
But after he has tested with that setup,you can of coarse then use any other method that you want.
I think they have to do the install using their own devices.?I might be wrong about this,hence the ?.
ironman123.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 28

Well I don't want them to install my router as it is already installed and working well 🙂

As long as the Engineer gets 32MB+ to the vDSL modem and it is available on the Ethernet port then I can take it from there.

I already have the Cat6 cable in the place where the modem will live and the other end snakes up into my rack in the loft where my router is. The router is already setup on WAN2 to look for an incoming PPoE so I should be good to go.

All I need is the engineer to turn up this time! ;^)

Kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

0 Ratings