cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mushroom_daddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BT2000 changing base-station additional handsets

I currently have a triple BT2000 handset (one standard basestation, plus two additional handsets) on a single BT domestic line. Following the implementation of the monthly service charge for the BT 1571 service I'd like to upgrade/exchange my existing basestation for a BT2000 answerphone unit.

Questions:

• Is this possible?
  • Could I then deploy the existing basestation/handset in another room (as a fourth unit), registered to the new answerphone basestation.

Advice welcomed from anyone who knows what can/can't be achieved with the BT2000 units

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT2000 changing base-station additional handsets

there does not appear to be an answer phone option for that model if you want a phone with answer phone features i think you may need to replace the phones completely
mushroom_daddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Whoops, you're quite right, wrong number! It was the 2500 I was looking at.

The handsets look the same (as 2000) but the 2500 base unit has an answer phone, which I was hoping to use 

0 Ratings
mushroom_daddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

The above post was edited by a moderator as I broke the forum rules by pasting links to the BT phones on a commercial web site; I apologise for that.

Here are 'BT links' to the BT handsets that I'm discussing and seeking advice: 

• BT2000  (I currently have the triple handset)
  • BT2500 (I'd like to exchange the BT2000 base unit wih this answerphone basestation)
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

BT would not swop the base units you may find one on a well known auction site but no guarantee they will work together
0 Ratings
mushroom_daddy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

Just to clarify, I'm not looking for BT provide a replacement/swap, I'd be happy to purchase the BT2500 answerphone basestation if I knew it would work with the existing BT2000 units (and replace the non-answerphone BT2000 basestation)

0 Ratings
_dreamer_
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 7

If you look at page 64/65 of the user guide, it should answer your question.
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/42031/~/bt2500