cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cjs1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

BT3930 BASE STOPPED WORKING

Hi hope. Someone can help. I have a BT3930 single phone and the base seems to have stopped working it doesn't light up when plugged in and the phone continually says searching. Any ideas what wrong??
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT3930 BASE STOPPED WORKING

Have you tried the product help page http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54821/~/bt3930

Specifically http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10835

Could be power supply related.

0 Ratings
Cjs1
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

I've tried looking on there but there is nothing about the base not working. Like I say it doesn't even light up to show 0 messages anymore
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Then its either a failure in the power supply unit, or the base station itself. I assume you have turned it off, and then on again?

If its not under warranty, it will be cheaper just to replace it.

0 Ratings
Cjs1
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Yes I have tried turning on and off disappointing considering we prob it ever had 5 calls and made 2 from the phone. It's about a year old but I can't find the box with the receipt. If I have to replace I won't be purchasing a BT phone again if it's only going to Lasf this long.

Thanks for your help anyways ☺️
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Its usually power supply unit failures, as those tiny switch mode power units are easily damaged by main surges.

Its also worth checking the socket that the phone is plugged into, to make sure it is still working.

Phones that are BT branded are sourced from the same place as many other branded phones, so you have just been unlucky.

I have BT branded phones that are still working after many years. Some of these use the older power units which are not switched mode and are quite a bit larger and heavier.

0 Ratings
Cjs1
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

The socket is working fine. Not to worry it's not like we use it anyway but not the best of timing when my baby is due on Saturday!
0 Ratings